Tyndall Investigation Update from TOS

CAVol

All parties involved want this thing resolved in a timely fashion but that doesn't seem likely --- not at the NCAA level. Tyndall will have 90 days to respond to the letter after he receives it, which means getting your day in court in front of the Committee on Infractions. Even if the letter arrives today that means it wouldn't get sorted out until the end of June, at least on the NCAA level. Still, UT folks are pressing for information and to see the involved parties receive the Notice of Allegations. We're told the Vols are organizing and perhaps even reshuffling some elements of their basketball calendar for 2015-16 while awaiting this process. No one sees a scenario that doesn't involve some sort of suspension, and frankly that's probably a best-case scenario. There's still a belief that, despite Jim Boeheim insisting he will fight the penalties, that the NCAA in some ways hammered Syracuse to set precedent for future cases, including Tyndall but also perhaps even the mess at the University of North Carolina. As multiple people reiterated to us, there was almost an element of laying the groundwork for future harsher penalties in the way the NCAA discussed the penalties at Syracuse, emphasizing the penalties on the coach would have been much worse had so many problems in the report occurred since the NCAA changed its "coach-control" rules just a few years ago.
-Rob Lewis

Doesn't sound good at all. Especially the bolded part.

Reactions: 1 person
That's definitely not positive news. I'm just ready to get it over with, one way or the other.

Reactions: 14 people
I say anything short of a full year that we keep him. The guy can coach and that's for sure. We lost Bruce because we didn't fight hard enough and it has bit us.

Reactions: 19 people
Bobby Hurley come on down. Name recognition. And while most of us believe every program cheats to some degree. Duke has done it seemingly cleaner than other elites. Also Bobbys DAD was a legendary coach (I know Dooleys was too) However Bobby has done it at a place almost impossible to win.

Reactions: 9 people
Bobby Hurley come on down. Name recognition. And while most of us believe every program cheats to some degree. Duke has done it seemingly cleaner than other elites. Also Bobbys DAD was a legendary coach (I know Dooleys was too) However Bobby has done it at a place almost impossible to win.

More like Ron Hunter come on down

Reactions: 8 people
I like CDT, but Hart screwed this hire, can't bring in a guy like that, ncaa is a friggin joke, needs to be gone,,,the WHOLE athletic department needs help, track, baseball, football(7-6 ainty good), basketball, all have be down, Dave Hart is in charge, so maybe someone will ****can him!

Reactions: 7 people
I would try to keep Tyndall with anything short of a show-cause. But if we let him go, Brad Underwood @ Stephen F. Austin would be my top realistic choice.

I would try to keep Tyndall with anything short of a show-cause. But if we let him go, Brad Underwood @ Stephen F. Austin would be my top realistic choice.
This this this! I posted his name last year, got slammed for it, but he took his SFA to the tournament again with a solid record. Want.

Reactions: 1 person
Where do we go from here? Top 3 candidates if Tyndall has to be fired.
1. Ben Howland
2. Bobby Hurley
3. Ron Hunter he's a class act or Underwood at SF Austin.

Where do we go from here? Top 3 candidates if Tyndall has to be fired.
1. Ben Howland
2. Bobby Hurley
3. Ron Hunter he's a class act or Underwood at SF Austin.

Ben Howland has too many Skeletons and will never be hired. I think it'll be either Bobby Hurley or Ron Hunter. Ron Hunter might have the edge because he very well could come to UT for less money than Bobby Hurley.

VN Store

Back