Support from Pearl

volfanstuckinga

Not sure if it has been brought up yet, but did anybody notice the encouragement that CBP was giving our guys as he walked through the hall following the AU upset win over A&M? I still think that guy bleeds orange and it isn't Auburn orange.

Reactions: 10 people
Didn't see it, but it's a nice gesture on his part, IMO.

That being said...I am one of many who would have loved to have seen him return here, but at this point I don't get it. He has a job at AU and we have a coach. AU fans have to get tired of seeing him yuck it up for UT, and as a UT fan, I'm tired of seeing it as well. He needs to jump in at AU with both feet and quit giving UT fans false hope that he still wants to be here, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
While I believe he is committed to AU.....I still believe that IF there was an opening at UT....and IF he was offered the job...he would take it in a second. And no, I'm not saying that I want that to happen. Just an observation. But I do miss his energy....if I'm being honest.

That being said...I am one of many who would have loved to have seen him return here, but at this point I don't get it. He has a job at AU and we have a coach. AU fans have to get tired of seeing him yuck it up for UT, and as a UT fan, I'm tired of seeing it as well. He needs to jump in at AU with both feet and quit giving UT fans false hope that he still wants to be here, IMO.

He wants to be here. You can't convince me that if we came calling and gave him the same money he his making at Auburn that he wouldn't bounce. With that being said, it will never happen

He just put together two tournament wins for Aubun which has not happened since Chuck Persons played there. Beleive me he is giving AU his all. I also saw Billy Donvan giving the Alabama coach lots of love, of course in this case he wants him to stay at Bama since he owns him :)

Reactions: 2 people
I believe he'd come back to UT in a heartbeat also. Honestly, I was pulling for AU just because of him.
Great wins for the AU program.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
I for one am not sold on CDT because I don't think we have seen what he can do with an SEC caliber roster. But what he has got these guys to do this year is nice. If we could get by this whole So. Miss crap and see if recruiting picks up. Then I think more of us could get a little more fired up about the future. But as a Tennessee fan through the years. Tennessee has never made a big splash with a men's coach. Until they roll out the check book they never will. Success in the tournaments would bring back what ever they put out there for a big name. But if you pay for middle of the pack. You get middle of the pack.

As it's already been stated, he wants to be here. He doesn't want to be anywhere else. He's stuck. It sucks for him. He can't do what he loves at the place he wants to do it at, and it's killing him. Also, AU fans aren't mad at Pearl for the UT love. They realize they have struck gold with his hire, and they also realize in 2-3 years they are going to be a force in the SEC.

Pearl is special. Our fan base isn't going to forget about him. His charisma attracts fans, and he's a very, very nice guy.

As I told my best friend yesterday, if UT can't win, then I want to see Pearl win. I love the guy. However, I wouldn't trade Tyndall for him. Tyndall is going to be a special coach for us. I'm very happy to have him here, and I back him 110%.

Last edited:
As it's already been stated, he wants to be here. He doesn't want to be anywhere else. He's stuck. It's sucks for him. He can't do what he loves at the place he wants to do it at, and it's killing him. Also, AU fans aren't mad at Pearl for the UT love. They realize they have struck gold with his hire, and they also realize in 2-3 years they are going to be a force in the SEC.

Pearl is special. Our fan base isn't going to forget about him. His charisma attracts fans, and he's a very, very nice guy.

As I told my best friend yesterday, if UT can't win, then I want to see Pearl win. I love the guy. However, I wouldn't trade Tyndall for him. Tyndall is going to be a special coach for us. I'm very happy to have him here, and I back him 110%.

I unabashedly, unapologetically love Coach Pearl. I wish the whole bbq debacle hadn't happened and he spent 20-25 years in orange and rewriting the Vols record books... but it did and we are where we are.

I like Donnie Tyndall. He seems a likeable sort of everyman in his daily interactions with people but has a great mind for basketball. He deserves our support and he certainly has mine...

... doesn't mean I don't love me some CBP basketball.

Reactions: 11 people
I think his "love" for UT runs deeper than just his coaching ties here. He had 2 kids that graduated from UT, I'd imagine it's hard not to appreciate your kids alma mater. When my family moved to Bowling Green, KY from FL we didn't even know who WKU was. But after 3 alumni children and 4 degrees later, my folks are WKU season ticket holders in almost every sport and die-hard WKU fans.

UT means something to Steven and Jackie, therefore it means something to CBP.

Reactions: 3 people
Troy Provost-Heron
@Troy_Provost
Bruce Pearl as he entered the Auburn locker room, passing the #Vols: "Come on UT. You guy's have had a heck of a season, keep it up."

Reactions: 2 people
Pearl owns land in East Tennessee and his wife is from Sevier County and.......wait where have I heard this before?

I agree if we offered he'd drop Auburn like a bad habit. I also think he gets away with his PDA's for UT mostly because he can, because Auburn doesn't care about basketball. And while Pearl may improve that, I don't ever see AU backing basketball like we have. I don't they'll ever love Pearl like we did. I know winning changes things, but IMHO he won't get at AU what he got here.

He just put together two tournament wins for Aubun which has not happened since Chuck Persons played there. Beleive me he is giving AU his all. I also saw Billy Donvan giving the Alabama coach lots of love, of course in this case he wants him to stay at Bama since he owns him :)

Anthony Grant was an assistant at UF under Donovan, that's why he was showing support.

I love Bruce and wish him nothing but the best. But I think we saw his ceiling the last couple of years he was here.

I think his lady saw his ceiling from a perspective much different from ours. :birgits_giggle: There is something about the dude that makes you like him. :dunno:

I think his lady saw his ceiling from a perspective much different from ours. :birgits_giggle: There is something about the dude that makes you like him. :dunno:

LOL Didn't think I floated one across the plate with my ceiling comment but apparently I did - you hammered it out of the park. Well done.

VN Store

Back