The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 7:00pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
SEC Tournament: Round 2

(10) Tennessee Volunteers: 15-15 (7-11 SEC)

South%20Carolina%20Tennessee%20Basketball.JPEG

vs.

(7) Vandebilt Commodores: 19-12 (9-9 SEC)

135-hFNfk.AuSt.55.jpeg

7:00 PM ET, March 12, 2015
Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee

Line: UT +4
O/U:

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee has not played Vanderbilt three times in a season since the 1989-90 campaign.

The Vols had a +6.0 rebound margin and a +1.0 turnover margin vs. Vanderbilt this season.

Josh Richardson averaged 23.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 4.5 assists vs. Vanderbilt this season.

Josh Richardson's 62 steals are the seventh-most ever by a Vol in a single-season. He leads the SEC with 2.1 steals per game.

Tennessee's strength-of-schedule ranks 14th nationally according to ESPN's BPI.

Make Donnie Tyndall's teams 9-3 when facing an opponent for the third time in a season (during his Division I head coaching career).

Give the Vols an 8-1 all-time record vs. Vanderbilt in the SEC Tournament.

Improve Donnie Tyndall to 12-6 as a head coach in conference tournament play.

Set up a quarterfinal meeting with Arkansas Friday at 7 ET.

Tennessee is 62-50 (.554) in 54 all-time SEC Tournament appearances.

The Vols own the third-best tournament winning percentage among league schools, trailing only Kentucky (.829) and Alabama (.560).

Since the tournament was renewed in 1979, the Vols are 27-35 (.435).

Tennessee has won the SEC Tournament four times, tying Florida for third-most among league schools. The Vols won the event in 1936, 1941, 1943 and 1979.

UT has reached the championship games 10 times (third most among league schools), most recently in 2009 in Tampa.

Tennessee has never previously been seeded 10th at the SEC Tournament.

This is the seventh time Nashville has hosted the SEC Tournament. UT is 8-6 in the tournament when it takes place in "The Music City."

Tennessee's SEC Tournament record at Bridgestone Arena is 4-4.

Overall: Tennessee leads 115-72, dating to 1922

In Knoxville: UT leads, 70-18

In Nashville: Vandy leads, 53-39

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 6-1

Current Streak: Vanderbilt has won one

Last Meeting: Vanderbilt won, 73-65, in Knoxville 2/26/15

Tyndall vs. Stallings: Stallings leads, 2-1

If this is the last match-up thread for the year, thanks Yankee for all your hard work on these very informative. I hope it's not, but I've watched us play.

Reactions: 3 people
We have had plenty of time to rest and focus on the game. Think they come out with lots of energy and win big:rock:

We are playing away from TBA, I think we have a good chance at winning.

That's the only reason I think the Vols have a shot, but if Vandy is hitting the open 3's, I think the bad guys win by 14. And God knows the Vols can't or won't guard the 3 point line.

Reactions: 1 person
Since we are playing away from home we have a really good shot at winning this game. Let's hope Vandy is off tonight. If they shoot like they did last time against us we'll need a miracle

Vandy is playing with confidence now. Very under rated 7 seed with how they're playing. I don't think this one is even close. Hate it for Josh but i think his career in orange ends today

Am I the only one that thinks it would be funny for tyndall to just clothesline stallings after the game ? Lmao

Vandy is playing with confidence now. Very under rated 7 seed with how they're playing. I don't think this one is even close. Hate it for Josh but i think his career in orange ends today

The game will be determined in the first 10 minutes.
Tyndall's explanation of the loss to SC was that things didn't go well early and the youth and experience of the team caused them to give up and stop being aggressive.
that's been the MOJO for most of the season.

If you are in Nashville, please convince everyone in Bridgestone to cheer for Vandy.

Bonus points if you can get everyone to wear black and gold.

VN Store

Back