Josh Richardson named to all-sec and defensive team

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Richardson Earns Pair of SEC Honors - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Tennessee guard Josh Richardson earned a pair of postseason honors from the Southeastern Conference men's basketball coaches Tuesday, as the senior was named to the All-SEC first team as well as the SEC All-Defensive Team.

The senior from Edmond, Okla., becomes the first Vol ever to make the SEC All-Defensive Team multiple times. He also made the squad as a junior last season.

"We're obviously very happy and proud of Josh," UT head coach Donnie Tyndall said. "These are both very well deserved honors for him. He's had an incredible senior season and has represented our university and basketball team in exactly the right way."

Reactions: 15 people
Reactions: 6 people
Awesome accomplishment. I didn't think he'd get enough credit on aa losing team to make 1st team All-SEC, but he was very deserving of it IMO. Maybe the best all-around player in the SEC. Certainly in the top 3 or 4.

Reactions: 1 person
Josh deserves all that comes his way, best defensive guard that I remember to wear the orange. #VFL

Awesome accomplishment. I didn't think he'd get enough credit on aa losing team to make 1st team All-SEC, but he was very deserving of it IMO. Maybe the best all-around player in the SEC. Certainly in the top 3 or 4.

Agreed and certainly not another one more valuable to his team.

Reactions: 1 person
He has developed his game probably better than anyone we have had in recent memory. When he decided that he could be the Pg and did it that told me something. I think that may have made him very valuable for some Nba second unit. He can defend NBA guards and now has proven his handle. Major props to the young man. It tells what kind of respectful person he is when his mother called him and told him his hair was looking shaggy and he went that day before a game and got it cut because he knew she would see him on TV. How many players do you hear of doing that?

Reactions: 2 people
Great honor for Josh - even more astonishing he got it and he was double teamed alot on offense

Well deserved for arguably the most valuable player to to a team in the SEC. Not sure we would have won 10 games this season without him. Hurts to think about next year.

Very well deserved. He'll be missed next year.

Several posters have said JR is not really going to be missed that much next year and the team will be be better than this year's team. IMO Unless the last two scholarships are given to immediate impact players we are in big trouble. Not only do we have to replace JR's points, but we have to replace his defense and leadership.

Several posters have said JR is not really going to be missed that much next year and the team will be be better than this year's team. IMO Unless the last two scholarships are given to immediate impact players we are in big trouble. Not only do we have to replace JR's points, but we have to replace his defense and leadership.

I haven't seen anyone post anything remotely similar to that.

Great Job Josh. I'm honored to have met you and admire all that you are and will become. Best wishes in your future endeavors.

I haven't seen anyone post anything remotely similar to that.

I have. I do not have time to search the archives of VN, but last week several posters were saying that although we will miss JR that Punter, Baulkman, and Hubbs would pick up the scoring load and next year we should be better. IMO they are greatly under estimating JR's value. One poster even stated that JR was not really all that.

IMO I do not believe we will be better unless we can add two quality players to the current roster. McGhee will help, but replacing Josh will be more difficult than some people think. His value is much more than his points. Without him we often struggle to a cross half court against the press.

Last edited:

I've not read this...I have read folks say they thought the overall team could be better as the returning players improve. Don't recall anyone saying "JR wouldn't be missed" but if they did then they are bat**** crazy! :loco:

VN Store

Back