After we knock off Vandy...

Special Ed

VFE: Vol For Eternity
on Thursday, what do you guys think of our chances against Arky in the next round?

(They don't call me Special for nothing.)

Reactions: 3 people
With my orange tinted glasses on I say Tennessee has a 50/50 chance against Arkansas. If Tennessee goes 17-16 I think NIT is possible once again.

Arky has not been that great in the last month or so. Dodged a few bad teams, and didn't show up when they could have gotten an upset against UK. They dont have much momentum. UT has a very good chance.

Reactions: 3 people
With the way Vandy has been playing and shooting the ball we are going to need a big night from guys not named Josh Richardson. He needs help in the worst way. Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
Considering we beat them once and arguably should of beaten them twice, I like our chances. We can beat any team in the SEC except Kentucky, but that can be said about every single SEC team. There is only maybe 2-3 teams in the SEC that might could knock off Kentucky if everything went their way. In my eyes those teams are Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia.

IMO, there is no denying Arkansas' talent but Nashville isn't Bud Walton amd I don't think they are a very good team outside of the state of Arkansas. Their so jekyll and hyde on the road. I think beating Arkansas is very doable.

IMO, there is no denying Arkansas' talent but Nashville isn't Bud Walton amd I don't think they are a very good team outside of the state of Arkansas. Their so jekyll and hyde on the road. I think beating Arkansas is very doable.

It seems as long as we don't play at TBA we can play with anybody. I like our chances. :clapping:

GO VOLS!

Don't all teams have a 50% chance?

I was going to start a statistics lecture but then I thought...nahhh.

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?

I personally think the SEC is a weak arse basketball conference

Given our perimeter defense and our history in the SECT, I will believe it when I see it. Kind of like beating UF in football.....heck...beating the gators in anything is a chore these days. Hope for an LSU type game from the guys. A couple of tourney wins and an NIT berth would be huge for these kids. The deserve some good things to happen.

Considering we beat them once and arguably should of beaten them twice, I like our chances. We can beat any team in the SEC except Kentucky, but that can be said about every single SEC team. There is only maybe 2-3 teams in the SEC that might could knock off Kentucky if everything went their way. In my eyes those teams are Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia.

They've also shown they can loose to any team in the Conference, my guess is the roller coaster ride continues.
We wax Vandy and get waxed by Arky

Arky has not been that great in the last month or so. Dodged a few bad teams, and didn't show up when they could have gotten an upset against UK. They dont have much momentum. UT has a very good chance.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help get a chuckle out of this. You make it sound as if UK somehow let Arky off the hook. I missed about the first 3 minutes of the game, but UK didn't look like a team primed for an upset that day. Haha. They just manhandled Arky with their defense. Up by 30 or so at one point. I don't remember the final score, but in no way did Arky ever look like a serious threat.

Regardless, we need to get by Vandy first, then I'll worry about who's next.

Reactions: 1 person

Let's keep it simple.

I said a perfect season after 10 games. Sticking to it.
2 teams in the country have a shot.
Wisconsin and Virginia.
Unfortunately for them, UK has a second gear when playing the Elites.

Vandy is playing 2nd best in the SEC right now. The Vols should have lost both games to Vandy. The win in Nashville was a fluke.

The Vols will have to play their best game of the year to beat Vandy on Thursday.

As we know the Vols are in a downward spiral now. Vandy, on the other hand, is playing their best ball of the year.

They can say the same thing. It was a miraculous comeback for the Vols to tie that game at Vandy. They basically lost the game by missing fts. Something they are pretty good at. Stars were aligned for us that game.

I actually like our chances better against ARK than Vandy.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help get a chuckle out of this. You make it sound as if UK somehow let Arky off the hook. I missed about the first 3 minutes of the game, but UK didn't look like a team primed for an upset that day. Haha. They just manhandled Arky with their defense. Up by 30 or so at one point. I don't remember the final score, but in no way did Arky ever look like a serious threat.

Regardless, we need to get by Vandy first, then I'll worry about who's next.

Maybe he meant UGA?? Had UGA not vomited all over themselves in the final 8 minutes or so (more specifically the final 5 minutes), they could very easily have beaten UK.

UK is beatable by any team in the latter rounds of the NCAA tourney. It'll be that much sweeter for them to lose after thinking they are unbeatable :eek:lol:

Seeing as we aren't playing in TBA, I'd say we have a good shot

VN Store

Back