3945 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on After we knock off Vandy... Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 03-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #31
McCat
Old School Kentucky

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by esarmstrong View Post
You are probably wasting your breath. Anyone that can't comprehend the concept of probability of an outcome is not within reach of your rhetorical question.
Probably, but just for funsies, ask him the probability of hitting heads twice in a row.

If VPLR < 1, then you have nothing original to say.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 01:12 PM   #32
Mookie

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1967 View Post
With my orange tinted glasses on I say Tennessee has a 50/50 chance against Arkansas. If Tennessee goes 17-16 I think NIT is possible once again.
I am not being negative or knocking this comment, but from a discussion stand point does anyone care if we go to the NIT or not? We were 1 play away from going to the Elite 8 last year seems kind of pointless to be hoping for the NIT. Personally I don't see the NIT being important, the team probably could care less to be playing in it, and will get top notch efforts from smaller conferences that are trying to prove something.

Unless you go to the final four, it does not really simulate tournament style games anyways since one team is a home team.

Last edited by Mookie; 03-09-2015 at 01:18 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #33
Backwards K

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsuVol92 View Post
we are going to need a big night from guys not named Josh Richardson. He needs help in the worst way. Go Vols
And that's normally what he gets!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #34
Dave1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post
I am not being negative or knocking this comment, but from a discussion stand point does anyone care if we go to the NIT or not? We were 1 play away from going to the Elite 8 last year seems kind of pointless to be hoping for the NIT. Personally I don't see the NIT being important, the team probably could care less to be playing in it, and will get top notch efforts from smaller conferences that are trying to prove something.
I'd like to see the team get the extra practice playing in it.

I'm allergic to Leftists and their horsesh*t!
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #35
Jdh13579

Anybody know which section the ut fans will be in Thursday?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #36
golfballs
мячи для гольфа

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCat View Post
I was going to start a statistics lecture but then I thought...nahhh.

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?
I give the field a 25% shot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #37
TMvol10

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie View Post

Unless you go to the final four, it does not really simulate tournament style games anyways since one team is a home team.
Being a Tennessee fan, I like to see my team play as much as I can. So yes, I care that we go to the NIT. And for sake of argument, generally big time conference teams are the ones that win it not small conference teams. Minnesota, Baylor and Stanford are the last 3 NIT champs. Plus seniors (Richardson) probably want to play as many games as they can and enjoy their last season to the fullest. And the chance to play in Madison Square should be incentive for the any basketball player. Just imo
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #38
BigOrangeVols

About 50/50. Either we will beat them or we won't. Kentucky there is a 0% chance of even thinking about beating them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #39
kevino

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1967 View Post
UT probably wont be in the CBI since you have to pay to play
I don't think that's the case any more
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #40
RollerVol

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCat View Post
I was going to start a statistics lecture but then I thought...nahhh.

Let's keep it simple.

Do you really think that anybody playing UK in the SECT has a realistic 50% shot?
No, but that hasn't stopped me from dreaming yet.

GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 06:20 AM   #41
calban
17-18 Return to Relevance

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
We're 1-3 on neutral floors.
The probability of us winning 2 in the SECt is 4.87%.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #42
KBVol

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
Knock off Vandy?? Doesn't this thread belong in the football forum? I just don't see it this Thursday.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #43
Dave1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
I don't think that's the case any more
Here's a website that tracks CBI and CIT bids

Tracking CBI and CIT Bids

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #44
appyvol

After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy... After we knock off Vandy...
I hate vandy. Hope we destroy those suns of beetches.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-10-2015, 10:11 AM   #45
Dave1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by appyvol View Post
i hate vandy. Hope we destroy those suns of beetches.
+10000000000000000000000000000

Reply With Quote TOP