Hire Tyndall today???

bnhunt

Good question posted on TOS that if you knew then what you know now about Tyndall (i.e. NCAA issues) would you still want him hired and either way is it now time to go in a different direction?

I personally think he is a good coach, although it was hard to tell with this team, but I just wonder how long Hart and the higher-ups will let this drag on before they decide to make a change. I know it sounds stupid after one year, but I don't think the fans would blame them for going in a different direction and it's not like we are really going to lose anything if he goes (only has 2 3* recruits committed I think). In the back of my mind something keeps telling me they may make a move, although it would be unusual. Something about that NCAA investigation seems worse than some people are letting on and it is killing us in recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he could be the next Big Thing at UT. But then there is the NCAA stuff. I want him but then again I am afraid we will be sitting on the bench for top players till this is cleaned up. Darned if you do:good!:..... Darned if you don't.:thud:

Of course you wouldn't hire DT with these issues known. Now that he us here you keep him until you at least get NCAA information. Otherwise you would have to pay a buyout.

I personally think he will do a great job here if he can survive but there is no reason to do anything till we know exactly what we are dealing with. The timing and specificity of the charges is the next piece of the puzzle.

Reactions: 1 person
It's been talked about before, no one knew. If they had, he wouldn't be UT's coach. That simple.

I disagree..past performance/decisions predicts future perf/decisions..

Hart knew he was a cheater so what made him think he wouldn't be doing it again or would at ut to cut corners..

There were red flags on how he was winning n getting players sorry.

You r spending 2m bucks a yr n don't investigate his current bb roaster n admin of his team.

I just think our ad is a joke in how they hire coaches n their process..remember hart didn't a search firm...well maybe he did.

I don't think he would have been hired had Hart known about the NCAA stuff

Maybe he did and still hired DT (needed a coach fast). Maybe he thought it wouldn't be a problem (no big names wanting to be here)...now, it is. Also, didn't know Hart used a "vetting committee" for DT's hire. :dunno:

GO VOLS!

Maybe he did and still hired DT (needed a coach fast). Maybe he thought it wouldn't be a problem (no big names wanting to be here)...now, it is. Also, didn't know Hart used a "vetting committee" for DT's hire. :dunno:

GO VOLS!

It's not good when an Athletic Director doesn't trust his own judgement and has to use a vetting committee.

I wonder if Kentucky fans sit and worry and ponder like many on here do. I mean do you really think Calipari is squeaky clean???

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
It's not good when an Athletic Director doesn't trust his own judgement and has to use a vetting committee.

Yeah, right. Have these "committees" become a de-facto process to be used to shift blame if hires don't work out? I don't understand any other reason to use them. I just don't get it. :blink::blink:

GO VOLS!

Yeah, right. Have these "committees" become a de-facto process to be used to shift blame if hires don't work out? I don't understand any other reason to use them. I just don't get it. :blink::blink:

GO VOLS!

You're right on about that,RollerVol:thumbsup::thumbsup:

As previously discussed in this forum, the 2a needs to poop or get off the pot. We don't know when or if the axe is gonna fall. It fell on boehiem yesterday.

This is correct. It's not like the SM situation is the first instance.

And if you keep him recruiting will continue to tank and this will drag on for years. Better to cut the cord now and get serious about hiring a good coach and quit trying to do it on the cheap.

He had problems at Morehead St. previously and I had a feeling UT could have at least found out the NCAA was sniffing around Southern Miss as well.

Reactions: 4 people
This is correct. It's not like the SM situation is the first instance.

And if you keep him recruiting will continue to tank and this will drag on for years. Better to cut the cord now and get serious about hiring a good coach and quit trying to do it on the cheap.

:hi::good!::thumbsup::salute:

VN Store

Back