Donnie discusses the loss to Florida

I am certainly not a BB expert, but seems to me that the % of making an uncontested 3 is a whole lot higher than contested. Can we not do anything to better cover the 3 pt shot?

Reactions: 2 people
I am certainly not a BB expert, but seems to me that the % of making an uncontested 3 is a whole lot higher than contested. Can we not do anything to better cover the 3 pt shot?

With the team we have and how late in the season it is, no. Even trying to tweak the defense would be a disaster,the other team could score 100

With the team we have and how late in the season it is, no. Even trying to tweak the defense would be a disaster,the other team could score 100

if UT can't play better D by now it aint going to happen, have been out coached here of late also. Vols need to score 60 to have a chance.

AND HATE YOUR AVI btw

Reactions: 3 people
If we guard the 3 hard we'll get killed inside more then we are now. We win when teams have a bad night shooting 3's and we can pack the D inside. We then have to make them. Aka no depth, no size, no shooters, and no chance most nights.

That would require switching defenses

Well giving up 2 is better than 3, right? Seems to me we need to pick the OTHER poison.

Two problems:

1.undersized

2.Poor shooting, our guy's can't hit the river standing in a boat.

He looks like he just woke up from a long winter's nap, maybe that napping has rubbed off on the team.

Two problems:

1.undersized

2.Poor shooting, our guy's can't hit the river standing in a boat.

Big problem we have to stay in zone defense, either because A. We aren't athletic enough to run man. B. The players aren't smart enough to understand assignments.

Agree with his assessment, but would add his recruiting classes need to be really, really good.

I can see you lost an avi bet -- but did you know you can put favorite team logos below it ?

Reactions: 1 person
With this small team, the D is set to force more 3's and unfortunately we are seeing some great shooters for outside.

No, how do I do that?

Go up to the top of the screen, and click on User CP (control panel, I guess.) It's on the far left on the desktop version and on the right (I think) on mobile.

Click on Edit Your Details.

Slide down to the bottom of the CP box to where it says My Favorite Sports Teams (three boxes.) Load 'em up with Tennessee Volunteers. Go Vols!

Hang in there, 15 more days to go. :)

If we guard the 3 hard we'll get killed inside more then we are now. We win when teams have a bad night shooting 3's and we can pack the D inside. We then have to make them. Aka no depth, no size, no shooters, and no chance most nights.

It's amazing how many people don't understand this. It's really obvious though when you read some of their post....

You can extend your defense rather than packing it in to cut off driving lanes, which is what he has done all year. Rather than give up 10-12 3s a game he'd certainly give up more interior 2s, but at this point, after losing 5 in a row in large part because you're the worst team in the country at defending the 3, why not change it up? Plus, you can always change your defenses throughout the game and make the other team adjust, which might throw them out of rhythm/balance, which could be the difference between them shooting 60% from 3 or 30% from 3.

When was the last time someone had a bad night shooting 3s against us?

When will the punishment be handed down for his involvement in the scandal at SM? I just get the feeling this is going to be a tough stretch. He's not going to be able to recruit, and by the time he's done we will be in worse shape than before Bruce came. I still think it was a bad hire! Nothing about him says Tennessee to me. How did we get blindsided by this less than a year after he was hired? No one we talked to knew about the possibility of this coming down? And we hired him anyway. I don't get it!

most teams recruit shooters, I mean real good shooters cause their coaches realize that good shooters open up the inside game. Of course, not all teams do.....

VN Store

Back