How long

bornbleddinorange

we'll get em next year
does Donnie get? There is nothing wrong with losing as long as you are recruiting some talent to come in, which he is not. next year or does he get 3 years total before we start looking for a new coach?

Reactions: 2 people
does Donnie get? There is nothing wrong with losing as long as you are recruiting some talent to come in, which he is not. next year or does he get 3 years total before we start looking for a new coach?

If the Show Cause letter comes in from the NCAA Tennessee looks for a new head coach after the 2015-2016 season. If the letter isn't forthcoming Tennessee may very well be looking for a new head coach after the 2016-2017 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
We survived the perfect storm in football. The storm hit basketball: Pearl lied to NCAA, Martin left and Vol fans who wanted him gone were thrilled, players he recruited left, Donnie hired with a depleted roster, NCAA looming over him, uncertainty of future sanctions used against us in recruiting. Chill guys, if we survived Kiffin and Dooley we can survive this.

Reactions: 6 people
He had to get a team together at the last minute that everyone knew could not compete in the SEC. The guy can't work magic.

Reactions: 13 people
I honestly think that if Tyndall is going to get any kind of punishment, we may just need to let him go and move on. We need to recruit big time players or at least guys who can come in and contribute right away, enough of these guys who we have to develop. We are not a mid-major here. Unfortunately that is the kind of guys we are recruiting. A lot of it has to do with the ncaa thing, but if this is already his 2nd/3rd time dealing with the ncaa then we may just need to move on.

I do think he is a good coach, but if he is constantly going to be hounded by the ncaa then we need to move in a different direction, because our recruiting will be hindered big time. When you have a bad recruiting class that sets you back 2-3 years in basketball, so we need to either get this thing cleared up soon, or let him go after the season and actually hire a coach with a clean background with the ncaa.

Reactions: 3 people
His next recruiting class will or could be the measuring block. Getting Ado & Blackwell (both) will be key.

If a penalty comes down, then. If not a lot depends on next year. If he craps the bed like this year he will be on the hot seat.

I think that all DT really needs is a full roster. He had this team performing well before they started running out of steam. If we had a couple more players we could rotate in then we wouldn't have fallen off the way we have.

Reactions: 4 people
I really like the guy, great coach...Dave Hart needs to work on the ncaa and forget about the Lady Vol issue. if the ncaa doesn't give an answer on DT soon, Hart needs to fire him and move on.

and tell his staff to quit F,,,ing crying about sportsmanship

I'm just curious because it is possible this team could be worse next year with Richardson leaving. In year 3 if he hasn't made the NCAA tournament I believe we should move on.

I really like the guy, great coach...Dave Hart needs to work on the ncaa and forget about the Lady Vol issue. if the ncaa doesn't give an answer on DT soon, Hart needs to fire him and move on.

and tell his staff to quit F,,,ing crying about sportsmanship

I think that the NCAA has to charge Tyndall with something before he can be dismissed without paying off the balance of his contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
As long as this NCAA cloud is hanging around, he's not going to recruit well. I don't see how he could. He can no doubt coach though

I wonder how different opinions would be about Donnie right now if December and February were reversed. Things were rosy after going 6-1 in December with wins over Kansas State and Butler. The wheels have come off with the 1-7 February.

If we hired Pitino, Jr then we could watch the games and pretend we actually have his dad as coach. The resemblance is scary.

Obviously I am in the camp the sooner the better.

Is the same camp you were in early in the season or is it your new camp because the lack of talent and depth has been exposed by better teams not by better coaches?

I wonder how different opinions would be about Donnie right now if December and February were reversed. Things were rosy after going 6-1 in December with wins over Kansas State and Butler. The wheels have come off with the 1-7 February.

I think people would actually feel better about the situation. They would all say the team is progressing instead of regressing. Most would also be happy that we were handling business against conference foes that we face every year over non conference teams where a win from season to season is meaningless unless you are going dancing and it helped you get there.

VN Store

Back