What really concerns me...

bnhunt

is that this team might actually be worse next year. JRich will be gone and it doesn't look like we have done anything in recruiting. For this team to improve, Carmichael and Owens are going to have to take big steps forward. Having McGhee back will definitely help, but we will have no outside threat next year. Someone please prove me wrong.

is that this team might actually be worse next year. JRich will be gone and it doesn't look like we have done anything in recruiting. For this team to improve, Carmichael and Owens are going to have to take big steps forward. Having McGhee back will definitely help, but we will have no outside threat next year. Someone please prove me wrong.

Just now figuring that out?

That's why NCAA needs to chit or get off the pot. It's not Tyndall they are hurting its our program. We are being punished for doing nothing but hiring guy. Either suspend him, sanction him or release him. We(basketball program) need to move on or start recruiting.

Reactions: 7 people
That's why NCAA needs to chit or get off the pot. It's not Tyndall they are hurting its our program. We are being punished for doing nothing but hiring guy. Either suspend him, sanction him or release him. We(basketball program) need to move on or start recruiting.

I was thinking the same thing. Every school is going to use this against us until NCAA makes a decision. Right now, the only thing we can do is get JUCO players.

Reactions: 1 person

I guess the NCAA is still punishing Tennessee over Pearl.

Reactions: 2 people
Sorry but I don't think this pending NCAA stuff is what is killing recruiting. Remember player's play for the school. I just think this is an excuse that DT will use until either it or he goes away.

Sorry but I don't think this pending NCAA stuff is what is killing recruiting. Remember player's play for the school. I just think this is an excuse that DT will use until either it or he goes away.

I respectfully disagree. We were in on some good days before this all came out. I think it's making a big dent.

I'm more concerned more the Spring signing period and the transfer period. That could be a dagger.

Reactions: 4 people
I respectfully disagree. We were in on some good days before this all came out. I think it's making a big dent.

I'm more concerned more the Spring signing period and the transfer period. That could be a dagger.

This. With the clowns saying they have 4-5 cases ahead of us, I'm starting to think spring is optimistic.

It appears there has been very little development since our first week of games. Our lowerclassmen should be improving with each game. I don't see it. I also don't see how many of you still insist Josh is NBA material.

We at least have two commits. Better than Cal who has zero.

It appears there has been very little development since our first week of games. Our lowerclassmen should be improving with each game. I don't see it. I also don't see how many of you still insist Josh is NBA material.

Everybody is gassed. We don't have enough depth to give everyone proper breathers. Maybe next year we will have enough to have fresh legs all year.

Reactions: 4 people

He's been playing hard but I'm not sure its within the system. I'm afraid CT has lot him. After being subbed for, I watched coach tell him something (not even close to berating him) and after coach walked away Rich was mumbling something. Then a few minutes later see Rich getting ripped for something, after a timeout. Now I know CT isn't afraid of ripping a player, but your not gonna rip your best guy (who is also a senior) like he did if the mistake wasn't pretty bad.

I hope I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but those two incidents looked worrisome to me.

Last edited:
I think things are going to get worse but I withhold judgement on Donnie until the 2016-2017 season.

Here's my thing about waiting till then. We very well could have two losing seasons by then, and if CDT is still here, that will put him on the hot seat. What player will come play for a coach that might be getting canned at the end of year three? He has very little from for error at this point.

Here's my thing about waiting till then. We very well could have two losing seasons by then, and if CDT is still here, that will put him on the hot seat. What player will come play for a coach that might be getting canned at the end of year three? He has very little from for error at this point.

I think you have to give him that much time because if you have to fire him,who will come to UT after the last coach has been canned after two seasons?

Reactions: 3 people
I think you have to give him that much time because if you have to fire him,who will come to UT after the last coach has been canned after two seasons?

I think in BBall a coach should get at least three. If he isn't up to snuff by then maybe it's time to look somewhere else. Can't give DT more than that after what we did to CM.

Anyone who wants to coach in a 20k seat arena and earn 3 mill a year. It's not who would come here. It's what AD would go get the right guy. It's not the current guy.

Hubbs has got to step up...pure and simple...or I am going to suggest he needs transfer...to Union. I'm serious...this kid has got to start playing like a 5* rated player or I am going to lose all respect for the rating system.

VN Store

Back