Starting to sound like the football forum....

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
Lots of people bailing on the players and coaches after this loss. Keep in mind absolutely no one thought this team would accomplish anything. We had a good stretch where we really played better than we actually are and people got their hopes up to make the tournament. When we came back down to reality people want to fire the coach. Just relax people.

Reactions: 13 people
That's because you have too many hyper sensitive supposedly grown men that don't know how to act. I hate to think what their f'd up kids are like.

Reactions: 5 people
Part of the problem is talk of calming down didn't happen nearly enough when we were 12-5.

This I agree with. Society gets too high and too low as OB references. No one wants to wait and see the final results as I alluded to last year.

That's because you have too many hyper sensitive supposedly grown men that don't know how to act. I hate to think what their f'd up kids are like.

I agree with you up to the point of the F'd-up kids. Lets hope the fruit fell far from those trees!:birgits_giggle:

The team is not playing well, I don't see anyone really gashing at the coaches or players, but lets be at least honest, this team is not very good and the pre-season pickes had it right for the most part, the skill of the "team" showed up at the mid part of the season, if these were really good players, they would have improved as the year progressed............just saying.

Reactions: 3 people
I agree with you up to the point of the F'd-up kids. Lets hope the fruit fell far from those trees!:birgits_giggle:

Sadly, probably not. Most are supposedly grown men who throw hissy fits like an 8 year old when a bunch of 18-22 year olds that they don't know happen to lose a game. Makes perfect sense. That's a big reason why some people hate sports. The dumbass fans ruin it for the others.

Reactions: 1 person
Sadly, probably not. Most are supposedly grown men who throw hissy fits like an 8 year old when a bunch of 18-22 year olds that they don't know happen to lose a game. Makes perfect sense. That's a big reason why some people hate sports. The dumbass fans ruin it for the others.

Ironic considering what many were saying the past 3 years and what they are now saying because they like the coach that calls his players MFers.

Reactions: 4 people
Ironic considering what many were saying the past 3 years and what they are now saying because they like the coach that calls his players MFers.

The only ones throwing hissy fits are you and the Cuonzo lovers. Your agenda is crystal clear. I'm sorry you can't tell a basketball from a football and can't tell what Tyndall is dealing with talent wise. That's your problem.

And who really gives a damn what a coach calls his players as long as it's not racist? Again, hyper sensitivity at its finest. If you want a choir boy, go cheer for Buzz. He loved taking players to church. That really helped with his on court success.

Reactions: 6 people
It's been the FF forum, jr. for years. When the hoops forum was added it was a very agreeable forum to spend time in for a couple of years.

The only ones throwing hissy fits are you and the Cuonzo lovers. Your agenda is crystal clear. I'm sorry you can't tell a basketball from a football and can't tell what Tyndall is dealing with talent wise. That's your problem.

And who really gives a damn what a coach calls his players as long as it's not racist? Again, hyper sensitivity at its finest. If you want a choir boy, go cheer for Buzz. He loved taking players to church. That really helped with his on court success.

Read SD, Dallas, and other people throwing hissy fits when people state they hate blowing double digit leads at home especially, losing 4 straight, and are looking at the worst record in 10 years.

And blame Tyndall for not keeping some commits if you're going to blame the talent. It goes both ways.

Reactions: 2 people
Read SD, Dallas, and other people throwing hissy fits when people state they hate blowing double digit leads at home especially, losing 4 straight, and are looking at the worst record in 10 years.

And blame Tyndall for not keeping some commits if you're going to blame the talent. It goes both ways.

No, I'd say they're countering the hissy fits of supposed grown men who are overreacting over losses that aren't that surprising. Yes, UT is the only team in the history of college basketball to ever lose a double digit lead at home. Again, if you even had a smidgen of basketball acumen then you'd know what hand Tyndall was dealt. Yet, it's all Tyndall's fault for not hanging on to players that he had zero relationships with. Good Lord. You can't make this sh*t up.

Reactions: 6 people
Lots of people bailing on the players and coaches after this loss. Keep in mind absolutely no one thought this team would accomplish anything. We had a good stretch where we really played better than we actually are and people got their hopes up to make the tournament. When we came back down to reality people want to fire the coach. Just relax people.

Well rounded opinion !...agreed! :salute:

I just want to see a winning program. I think ut has the resources to have that and I root for and support my vols. I'm not gonna blame tyndall as he wasn't exactly dealt the best hand. His past however has not helped him and that is on him.

No, I'd say they're countering the hissy fits of supposed grown men who are overreacting over losses that aren't that surprising. Yes, UT is the only team in the history of college basketball to ever lose a double digit lead at home. Again, if you even had a smidgen of basketball acumen then you'd know what hand Tyndall was dealt. Yet, it's all Tyndall's fault for not hanging on to players that he had zero relationships with. Good Lord. You can't make this sh*t up.

It's been done before. And don't act like it can't be done, or that it wouldn't have helped this year.

I just want to see a winning program. I think ut has the resources to have that and I root for and support my vols. I'm not gonna blame tyndall as he wasn't exactly dealt the best hand. His past however has not helped him and that is on him.

And I don't see anyone not blaming him for that. The NCAA mess is 100% on him and his previous staff. We still don't know all the particulars though. As long as the NCAA takes its time, and it will because they love to drag their feet, it will continue to hamper UT's recruiting. Until it is over and done with, Tyndall will be recruiting with one hand tied behind his back.

I want to apologize to you for being a douche last night. You seem like a pretty good guy I'm just super competitive and liquor does not help.

I don't take it personal...I earn that reaction plenty of times. :hi:

And I don't see anyone not blaming him for that. The NCAA mess is 100% on him and his previous staff. We still don't know all the particulars though. As long as the NCAA takes its time, and it will because they love to drag their feet, it will continue to hamper UT's recruiting. Until it is over and done with, Tyndall will be recruiting with one hand tied behind his back.
I agree which is why I'm in wait and see mode. If nothing big comes of this and tyndall lands a couple of highly rated guys I will feel much better about this. I fully believe in the jimmys and Joe's theory. Great players can make an average coach look really good.

It's been done before. And don't act like it can't be done, or that it wouldn't have helped this year.

So, that means that Tyndall should've retained every player that Martin signed that he had a zero prior relationship with? That's ludicrous and you don't know how the business works. You are beyond delusional if you think he should've been able to keep them. If you want to be pissed, be pissed that he couldn't get the other players into the program but the NCAA said no. Or be pissed that we've had injuries that hurt us. That's something rational to be pissed about.

I agree which is why I'm in wait and see mode. If nothing big comes of this and tyndall lands a couple of highly rated guys I will feel much better about this. I fully believe in the jimmys and Joe's theory. Great players can make an average coach look really good.

I honestly don't think Tyndall needs a ton of talent to be successful at UT. He knows the game enough to coach good players up. He has to get SEC type talent though. We don't have that right now. Other than Auburn, UT has the least talented team in the SEC. That's why they were projected where they were.

I honestly don't think Tyndall needs a ton of talent to be successful at UT. He knows the game enough to coach good players up. He has to get SEC type talent though. We don't have that right now. Other than Auburn, UT has the least talented team in the SEC. That's why they were projected where they were.

I think the sec is getting more and more talented just look at lsu class coming in. We have to land big time guys. I realistically want a ncaa tourney bid every year. That's the measuring stick to me.

So, that means that Tyndall should've retained every player that Martin signed that he had a zero prior relationship with? That's ludicrous and you don't know how the business works. You are beyond delusional if you think he should've been able to keep them. If you want to be pissed, be pissed that he couldn't get the other players into the program but the NCAA said no. Or be pissed that we've had injuries that hurt us. That's something rational to be pissed about.

I'm saying Thompson, Chievous, and Davis all could've helped win a few more ballgames. It's harder to keep the new guys signed, but not being able to keep a returning point guard, a glaring weakness of this team, is all on Tyndall. But of course, Tyndall is Jesus to you, and can do no wrong.

VN Store

Back