Dave Hart steps up - Sweet 16 rings!

Dude u must work for him to actually believe your post..

Hart crapped the bed on every hire he has made n looked stupid n the process..

Cbj might turn out to be great but the bb hire has trouble written all over it.

Reactions: 5 people
I mean, my God, how can you turn this post into a negative response? Incredible to say the least? Sour grapes, I guess.

Reactions: 9 people
Whatever happens with the NCAA, Tyndall can flat out coach...best X's and O's guy we've had since Devoe. Hart skipped paying millions to a search firm (who would've missed the Southern Miss crap since it wasn't out there) and "lucked" into two homerun hires. We're lucky we landed Hart...he's bringing us back!

Reactions: 9 people
He's 92 and a Vol alum...prolly grouchy from the osteoporosis. :)

Reactions: 4 people
I like both of Hart's hires that he's made for football and basketball. He sure knows a lot more about hiring people than the idiot we had before him! I don't like however the way he treated Bud Ford, who had been with the athletic department over 50 years and I don't like him trying to take away the name Lady Vols. If he left, I wouldn't cry.

Reactions: 2 people

You sound like a sour puss "lady" vols fan

^^Has woken up on the wrong side of the bed every morning since '08.

Whatever happens with the NCAA, Tyndall can flat out coach...best X's and O's guy we've had since Devoe. Hart skipped paying millions to a search firm (who would've missed the Southern Miss crap since it wasn't out there) and "lucked" into two homerun hires. We're lucky we landed Hart...he's bringing us back!

Search firm costs run much much lower than "millions", but you're right about Tyndall. He can coach.

Sweet 16 rings? Seriously? Sorry--but I think that's lame. Bit of a reach for self-esteem, don't you think? What's next, rings every time we make the tourney--NCAA Tournament rings? Can you imagine wearing one of those and meeting, say, a player from UNC or Kentucky or Duke. They'd laugh at you. You are supposed to get rings for /winning/ tournaments, not for being in them.

Reactions: 6 people
Sweet 16 rings? Seriously? Sorry--but I think that's lame. Bit of a reach for self-esteem, don't you think? What's next, rings every time we make the tourney--NCAA Tournament rings? Can you imagine wearing one of those and meeting, say, a player from UNC or Kentucky or Duke. They'd laugh at you. You are supposed to get rings for /winning/ tournaments, not for being in them.

This. I wanted to say this earlier but knew I would be blasted if it came first from a Memphis fan. Sweet 16 is definitely something to be proud of, but not something to buy rings for.

Reactions: 1 person

You can refuse one if you like...bet none of them did. When we MAKE a Final Four we can start thinking about laughing at such things...I'm sure the players who went through that roller coaster last year appreciate Hart's effort at recognizing theirs.

Reactions: 3 people
This. I wanted to say this earlier but knew I would be blasted if it came first from a Memphis fan. Sweet 16 is definitely something to be proud of, but not something to buy rings for.

Maybe you oughta stick to elite Memphis athletics then...we'll plug along like the inferior amateurs we are.

Reactions: 1 person
You can refuse one if you like...bet none of them did. When we MAKE a Final Four we can start thinking about laughing at such things...I'm sure the players who went through that roller coaster last year appreciate Hart's effort at recognizing theirs.

for a good effort? That's lame. Everybody on every team gives effort. You want a ring for getting in the NIT? Once you start down this road, you can reward people for just about anything. Of course a kid is not going to turn down a ring: that's quite obviously not the point.

Reactions: 3 people
for a good effort? That's lame. Everybody on every team gives effort. You want a ring for getting in the NIT? Once you start down this road, you can reward people for just about anything. Of course a kid is not going to turn down a ring: that's quite obviously not the point.

I think you're making up stuff to complain about...at least a Memphis fan has your back. :clapping:

VN Store

Back