The Official Tennessee vs. #1 Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00pm ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 14-10 (6-6 SEC)

tim-quarterman-josh-richardson-ncaa-basketball-louisiana-state-tennessee.jpg

vs.

#1 Kentucky Wildcats: 25-0 (12-0 SEC)

635591709163273732-Kentucky-South-Carolina-Basketball-SCWG114-WEB446804.jpg

7:00 PM ET, February 17, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT +14.5
O/U:

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee is 9-0 this season when it shoots more free throws than its opponent.

In SEC play, Kevin Punter has a league-best 2.2 steals per game.

The Vols are forcing 15.1 turnovers per game in SEC play (second-best in the league) and are converting those into 17.5 points per game.

Tennessee's strength-of-schedule ranks 14th nationally according to ESPN's BPI.

A win would give Tennessee three victories over AP top-25 teams this season.

Give the Vols at least 10 home victories for the 20th straight season.

Be Tennessee’s fifth all-time win over the top-ranked team in the Associated Press poll.

Give Tennessee three victories over AP top-25 teams this season.

Mark the 18th time an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a ranked Kentucky team.

Overall: Kentucky leads, 150-67

In Knoxville: UK leads, 51-47

In Lexington: UK leads, 88-16

Neutral Sites: UK leads, 11-4

Current Streak: Kentucky has won one

Last Meeting: Kentucky won, 74-66, in Lexington 1/18/14

Tyndall vs. Calipari: Calipari leads, 1-0 (it was Calipari’s first game as Kentucky’s head coach, on Nov. 13, 2009).

I hope calipari serves jail time soon. There's never been a bigger cheater in the game.

This would be the upset of the year. Good luck Vols, I hope you can do it.

We have no room to talk. Tyndall?
You are totally misinformed. In incident #1 at Morehead State, the NCAA placed the school on probation for two years, no forfeiture of wins, and no post season ban due to booster activity. There were zero charges against Coach Tyndall. In incident #2, those in the know are saying the very worst effect on Coach Tyndall will be a 3-5 game suspension. I have been saying since day 1, the story was concocted. It has proven to be so. Once again, Coach T was not associated with the allegations. I have also been saying as the data came in, he will not be affected at all just as he was not affected by the Morehead State investigation. That's right, no 3-5 game suspension. So, yes, Calipari was much worse.

Of course, you who are screaming 'Cal is a cheater' are ignoring the fact that the NCAA issued a letter that stated that Cal was not culpable in either the Marcus Camby or the Derrick Rose cases.

Glass houses.

Of course, you who are screaming 'Cal is a cheater' are ignoring the fact that the NCAA issued a letter that stated that Cal was not culpable in either the Marcus Camby or the Derrick Rose cases.

Glass houses.

NCAA even nominated him for the HOF --

Glass houses.

Whatever just wait til we hang 35 on you guys tonight lol

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not going to make myself miserable and watch ESPN spew their UK love all night. I've decided to turn the channel when UK goes up by 10. I should be watching wheel of fortune by 7:03.

Reactions: 1 person
Should look about the same as the LSU game, just physically outmatched. Even more so in this one but that's going to be the case for anyone playing UK.

VN Store

Back