Tennessee Basketball next year...(IMO)

Volswagg1017

:rock:IMO, this team has a chance to possibly do well next season as long they continue to gel and get stronger.
Josh is the only senior that plays-i almost said only player that leaves im not 100% someone doesnt leave- and that is huge plays a big role for next year. Puts chips on the players next year to well.

HEREs my outlook.

2014-15 Tennessee Men's Basketball Roster

No. Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Cl.
34 Devon Baulkman G 6-5 200 JR
32 Braxton Bonds G 6-1 170 FR
25 Galen Campbell G 6-2 190 RS JR
24 Willie Carmichael III F 6-8 210 FR
5 Ian Chiles G 6-1 200 RS SR
3 Robert Hubbs III G 6-6 206 SO
33 Brandon Lopez G 6-1 180 SR
21 Jabari McGhee F 6-5 215 JR
15 Detrick Mostella G 6-3 170 FR
11 Tariq Owens F 6-10 205 FR
0 Kevin Punter G 6-4 180 JR
23 Derek Reese F 6-8 220 JR
1 Josh Richardson G 6-6 200 SR

:thud:AS of now only Josh, Galen, Ian, Woodson(N/A factor) are gone and possibly Lopez as well but im hearing rumors that he could be coming back next year, so ill add that along in my reasoning.

New Additions
Shembari Phillips G 6' 5" 190
Admiral Schofield F 6'6" 225

also add another post and guard.

So factoring all of that in we could have a really well trained team. Couple of different looks at several different spots next year. possible several redshirt options as well, or transfer for up road teams.

Point Guard
-Take in the look earlier in the year when coach was saying that Bonds could play 8-10 mins a game i could see him playing 10-20 mins by next year as a pure point guard look next year possibly a Aaron Craft down the road. Kevin our best look with Devon and Detrick coming next but still far options. I think adding Shembari and maybe one more option will give us several looks to maintain decent at the postion.

Shooting Guard/Small Forward
-A more stable postions with Hubbs, Devon, Detrick, and Punter along with Shembari. I think they will be some of the main scoring from this team and be will be heavily weighted on. There success will determine how this team will do.

Power Forward/Center
-With Reese, Jabari, Tariq, Armani, Willie and Admiral. We could struggle a little till mid season. Still not a strong postion on the team but we can make due better next then this year with exp and more weight lifting.

I got really tired while doing this so my points got weaker so i finishing early

Reactions: 4 people
How?? If we are literally playing 9 guys and really 2 guys are doing the beat and both are out of position and the 3 option always changing cause of inconsistent. Plus we make it to the NIT then that's a huge step which means in basketball history the last couple of years we have have always been in some type of postseason.

Even if Hubbs makes a huge jump and can come close to replacing Josh's production, I'm not seeing anything other than a long season next year.

If you are going to play small people 6'8" and smaller, they better shoot lights out and play great defense if they expect to win in this conference. We haven't shown we can do all of that and so, we will struggle with this lineup of individuals.

Reactions: 1 person
If you are going to play small people 6'8" and smaller, they better shoot lights out and play great defense if they expect to win in this conference. We haven't shown we can do all of that and so, we will struggle with this lineup of individuals.

So your telling me if Willie can give us more mins without fouling or walking with Avg 5pts 4 rebs....Owens a little stronger in the paint say he had a 10 lbs jarbari being back which he was a easy 5 & 5 guy and Reese being a senior with Moore being a senior which he going to be more consistent.

You talk about this team like they been playing the same since this year everyBody is doing well and look way better then there roles last year.

Even if Hubbs makes a huge jump and can come close to replacing Josh's production, I'm not seeing anything other than a long season next year.

So u saying Hubbs cant be Armani and Armani can't be josh or even a little batter cause he will be in a straight attack role??? If true u can see talent and need to stop voicing ur opinion

How?? If we are literally playing 9 guys and really 2 guys are doing the beat and both are out of position and the 3 option always changing cause of inconsistent. Plus we make it to the NIT then that's a huge step which means in basketball history the last couple of years we have have always been in some type of postseason.

Nit is a joke n really a losers tournament so counting that as a post season is again giving a medal for being last.

:rock:IMO, this team has a chance to possibly do well next season as long they continue to gel and get stronger.
Josh is the only senior that plays-i almost said only player that leaves im not 100% someone doesnt leave- and that is huge plays a big role for next year. Puts chips on the players next year to well.

HEREs my outlook.

:thud:AS of now only Josh, Galen, Ian, Woodson(N/A factor) are gone and possibly Lopez as well but im hearing rumors that he could be coming back next year, so ill add that along in my reasoning.

New Additions

So factoring all of that in we could have a really well trained team. Couple of different looks at several different spots next year. possible several redshirt options as well, or transfer for up road teams.

Point Guard
-Take in the look earlier in the year when coach was saying that Bonds could play 8-10 mins a game i could see him playing 10-20 mins by next year as a pure point guard look next year possibly a Aaron Craft down the road. Kevin our best look with Devon and Detrick coming next but still far options. I think adding Shembari and maybe one more option will give us several looks to maintain decent at the postion.

-A more stable postions with Hubbs, Devon, Detrick, and Punter along with Shembari. I think they will be some of the main scoring from this team and be will be heavily weighted on. There success will determine how this team will do.

Power Forward/Center
-With Reese, Jabari, Tariq, Armani, Willie and Admiral. We could struggle a little till mid season. Still not a strong postion on the team but we can make due better next then this year with exp and more weight lifting.

I got really tired while doing this so my points got weaker so i finishing early

Nice post , but mentioning a former Ohio St PG could lead to future banishment.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't see it getting better for 2-3 seasons, its not like flipping a football roster when you have so many players to feed your system. With limited scolly expect this team to grow from the JUCO ranks 1-2 years.

They could be better and make the NCAAT. Subtracting Richardson, but adding several players (Phillips, Admiral, Bonds, two others to be named later), plus two injured players return with their parts fixed (Baulkman, McGhee), plus every current player not leaving returns one year older, stronger, and experienced.

Instead of NOBODY with experience playing Donnie's zone, the team will return almost ten with well over a year learning the system.

The huge question mark will be where will points come from on offense. As OP says, the wings could step it up. Hubbs, Punter, Baulkman, and Mostella could all emerge as consistent scorers.

Inside scoring will likely be limited again, but it should be improved. Two seniors plus the three newcomers will be one year removed from being true freshman.

Two unknowns are will the NCAA blow up the program again and assuming it doesn't what does VDT do with the 4 roster additions.

I don't see it getting better for 2-3 seasons, its not like flipping a football roster when you have so many players to feed your system. With limited scolly expect this team to grow from the JUCO ranks 1-2 years.

I disagree. In basketball you only play 5 players at a time. A couple of really good players makes a huge difference.

Reactions: 2 people

?

You can recruit 2 guys that can ball and be a completely different team. You can flip your roster overnight in basketball. I'm confused

Reactions: 4 people

HEREs my outlook.

New Additions

Point Guard

Power Forward/Center

Jabari Mcghee is 6'8 and will be a Sophomore next year.

Next year? I'm still trying to make it through this year.

GO VOLS!

Right! Not to mention, the NAYSAYERS who swore scouts honor that UT was going to look like horse manure this year! We don't look too bad this year and will probably look even better next year. Everyone feels as if without JOSH, we will be garbage but that's untrue. IMO, Armani is stepping up even as we speak and playing with heart. More than likely, he and Reese will be the leaders next year. I HAVE FAITH IN THESE GUYS AND I TRULY BELIEVE THAT THIS TEAM WILL IMPROVE EACH YEAR.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back