To beat the zone, you shoot the 3's.

Dougie_D

I could be wrong, but isn't that the best way to break the zone.

LSU just had more 3 point shots go in then us. They were red hot.

We were cold as ice.

Looking at the other stats, we were pretty even.

The better shooting team won. That's it.

The better team one today. Outside Owens, we have no one who can protect the rim, and Owens gets pushed around a lot. Our post players needed a year to learn the game and get bigger. Owens is weak, and Willie looks lost half the time. Under Tyndall, we will always give up the three ball, but the issue is we give up the three ball and penetration/post position against bigger teams. Top that off with the ridiculous turnovers, aka throwing the ball from one side to the other in the half court, and you are destined to lose games.

Even worse, our PG/best player plays 37 mins a night. That's going to eventually catch up with you...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

We were cold as ice.

At one point LSU was up 30-20 in rebounds and something like 8-1 in blocked shots.

We were cold as ice.

We've been pathetically cold shooting the basketball ever since Chris Lofton and Jajuan Smith graduated!!! We haven't had a single decent shooter since then.

Reactions: 2 people
Shooting is one thing. Making them is another. :)
2 for 14 just won't get it down. :cray:
GO VOLS!

LSU's 3s were wide open. Ours were contested. The reason is because LSU could defend the lane with their bigs, we had to collapse down. That's why we can't compete with teams that have a strong inside presence. It won't change anytime this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Mackey is the best shot blocker that I have seen and I think he will probably go pro after this season.

VN Store

Back