Quit driving inside!

nash101

Our shooting percentage at the rim is atrocious - Most are blocked and other shots fall short. Drive and pull up for a jumper and we score. Why does the team insist on the worst percentage shot and give up the fast break?
Our shot charts are certaially lop sided

No reason to drive against two future NBA players. Swatting every shot inside the paint. We never stood a chance in this game if LSU came out sinking their 3 point shots like they have been in the first half.

Reactions: 1 person
Our shooting percentage at the rim is atrocious - Most are blocked and other shots fall short. Drive and pull up for a jumper and we score. Why does the team insist on the worst percentage shot and give up the fast break?

Come on man! When you got that 1 on 5 advantage, you have to go for it - even if you are a little off balance!

Reactions: 1 person
Well our jump shot percentage is pretty bad as well so what's your point. We suck and that's why we lose to good teams. No energy from our team at all.

Great Idea lets just keep missing outside shots!:blink:

Let's face it. LSU is a nightmare matchup if they are hitting 3s which they were doing in the first half. No way we can win the battle of the bigs.

I remember a few weeks ago guys on here saying this coach is better than pearl and coach Martin. Now no one even talks much about the team. I wonder why

We actually hit a good percentage of pull up jumpers. We did not have many good looks at 3's but they hit more of those than lay-ups

Even CDT commented on it during one of his mic'ed up segments -- how we kept getting the ball swatted away. Hopefully our offense will improve over the next couple years (could struggle worse next year unless someone like Hubbs steps up to replace Josh)

I remember a few weeks ago guys on here saying this coach is better than pearl and coach Martin. Now no one even talks much about the team. I wonder why

Tyndall is a good coach. Never seen a team that is so weak inside. McGee's injury really hurt and the SEC not clearing McKnight did as well.

Reactions: 2 people

You did watch the game, didn't you? You did notice how severely outmatched Tennessee was against this team on the inside?

LSU's greatest strength + Tennessee's most glaring weakness=major beatdown.

This is going to happen every time Tennessee plays an opponent with this much overwhelming strength on the inside. Coaching doesn't matter.

You did watch the game, didn't you? You did notice how severely outmatched Tennessee was against this team on the inside?

LSU's greatest strength + Tennessee's most glaring weakness=major beatdown.

This is going to happen every time Tennessee plays an opponent with this much overwhelming strength on the inside. Coaching doesn't matter.
I do understand that we are not talented. It's just funny how a lot of fans jump the gun to crown the coach king.

I do understand that we are not talented. It's just funny how a lot of fans jump the gun to crown the coach king.

Not crowning him king. I will do that when he has the time to bring in talent and win...and consistently.

But I can recognize when he can coach up an under talented team. I can recognize when he can actually draw up plays that his team can execute. He is not playing with a full deck right now, and freaking out over losses to better teams is kind of pointless. JMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Not crowning him king. I will do that when he has the time to bring in talent and win...and consistently.

But I can recognize when he can coach up an under talented team. I can recognize when he can actually draw up plays that his team can execute. He is not playing with a full deck right now, and freaking out over losses to better teams is kind of pointless. JMO.

Yep, it is what it is.

Mackey is an excellent shot blocker who does not foul much and LSU and Kentucky are the 2 most athletic teams in the SEC.

And it shows just how clueless some people are on here when it comes to the game of basketball.

VN Store

Back