The Official Tennessee vs LSU Game Thread, 4:00pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 14-9 (6-5 SEC)

Tennessee_Vanderbilt_Basketball__woodberyw@knoxnews.com_2_1423735458420_13241236_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

vs.

LSU Tigers: 17-7 (6-5 SEC)

16984817-mmmain.jpg

4:00 PM ET, February 14, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -1.5
O/U: 136

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Last edited:
Donnie Tyndall was an assistant coach on John Brady’s LSU staff from 1997-2001.

In SEC play, Kevin Punter has a league-best 2.3 steals per game.

The Vols are forcing 15.1 turnovers per game in SEC play (second-best in the league) and are converting those into 17.4 points per game.

Tennessee’s strength-of- schedule ranks 15th nationally according to ESPN’s BPI.

Give the Vols at least 10 home victories for the 20th straight season.

Extend Tennessee’s active streak of victories over LSU to seven.

Make Donnie Tyndall 3-1 as a head coach against schools at which he once worked.

Improve the Vols to 9-3 against LSU teams on which Johnny Jones played or coached.

Overall: Tennessee leads, 62-43

In Knoxville: UT leads, 29-16

In Baton Rouge: UT leads, 25-24

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 8-3

Current Streak: Tennessee has won six straight

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 68-50 in Baton Rouge 1/7/14

Tyndall vs. Jones: No meetings

I'll wake up in time to catch most of this one! Go Vols!

Gotta keep LSU out of the paint. If our half court defense gives up as many easy looks into the paint today as they did Wed we're in trouble. This is a perfect team for the start of the year scheme.imo Clogg the paint and force them to beat you from 3.

Go Vols!!!

Give the Vols at least 10 home victories for the 20th straight season.

Extend Tennessee’s active streak of victories over LSU to seven.

Make Donnie Tyndall 3-1 as a head coach against schools at which he once worked.

Improve the Vols to 9-3 against LSU teams on which Johnny Jones played or coached.

So, we're in? :)

GO VOLS!

Gotta keep LSU out of the paint. If our half court defense gives up as many easy looks into the paint today as they did Wed we're in trouble. This is a perfect team for the start of the year scheme.imo Clogg the paint and force them to beat you from 3.

Go Vols!!!

Completely agree. LSU is an awful shooting team from the perimeter, so pack the paint and make them beat you from the outside. If they do, then tip your cap.

Completely agree. LSU is an awful shooting team from the perimeter, so pack the paint and make them beat you from the outside. If they do, then tip your cap.

Exactly. If we execute block out assignments I kinda like this matchup for us.

Mickey is arguably the best shot blocker in the nation, it will be hard to get it going inside. Armani, Derek, you boys better be ready.

Will be a close game but I say Vols win by 6.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly. If we execute block out assignments I kinda like this matchup for us.

Their size on the inside is scary though. They will push around Carmichael, Owens, and Reese like ragdolls. Been nice to have McGhee for this one.

Mickey is arguably the best shot blocker in the nation, it will be hard to get it going inside. Armani, Derek, you boys better be ready.

Will be a close game but I say Vols win by 6.

Last edited:
If Tyndall wins this one, he'll have my undying respect. I don't like how we match up against this team. Hopefully, we can get the w anyway. Go Vols!!

This is the turning point game of the year. We win this and we can really close out strong (USCjr, Vandy, UF etc) but a loss and our hopes dwindle even more. We need a 7 seed or higher in the SEC tourney.

Reactions: 1 person
Also we need Richardson to score 20 again plus double digit days from Moore and Hubbs.

Also control the glass and tighten that zone down. I know they run two natural bigs so hopefully we wont be getting smoked from deep.

They shoot 32% from deep and average 5 made per 16 attempted. If we can keep it to that then we defintely have a chance.

VN Store

Back