Robert Hubbs III development

CNeagleVolFan

I know Hubbs is just now starting to become a decent player, but we have to remember he's still young. He was a post player in high school, and not used to shooting 3's a lot because he could just take it to the hole. I know we're losing J-Rich next season, but if Hubbs keeps developing his shot he can fill it up! Then we have Moore and Reese back as well as punter and mostella(hopefully he develops). All I'm saying is I think Hubbs is trending up, and next season can be his breakout season.

Reactions: 9 people
Hopefully Balkman, and all our post players develop as well. I also think Phillips will play early. He had a monster game a few days ago, and I believe he plays on one of the best teams in GA. I think his team is 6A ball. He lights it up against most teams. Kids a baller.

Reactions: 1 person
The player's development I am most interested in seeing is Tariq Owens, mainly because we are so weak right now in the post. If he can add about 20-25 lbs of muscle to his frame in the off-season, he just might be able to develop into an all-SEC performer. He seems to already have good ball skills.

Last edited:
The player's development I am most interested in seeing is Tariq Owens, mainly because we are so weak right now in the post. If he can add about 20-25 lbs of muscle to his frame in the off-season, he just might be able to develop into an all-SEC performer. He seems to already have good ball skills.

He will be great ....playmaker junior year.

That coast-to-coast basket to tie the game was epic! It might just be a defining moment for Robert Hubbs III.
:good!:

Reactions: 5 people
That coast-to-coast basket to tie the game was epic! It might just be a defining moment for Robert Hubbs III.
:good!:

That was so close to not happening at all when he slipped just after receiving the ball. On the replay it looks like the refs got it correct... one foot slipped but he kept his other foot legal. He did a great job not falling.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't have any doubt that Hubbs will be a great player.

I hope you're right... He was the only 5 star player on the court last night and I just keep waiting for him to take over games, yet he seems very passive. The last play of regulation was incredible, I just knew he was going to dominate OT. Instead, he was cramping on the sideline, which tells me he didn't take care of business in the offseason as far as conditioning and pushing his limits go. Great kid and VFL, but I need to see some more moxy.

I hope you're right... He was the only 5 star player on the court last night and I just keep waiting for him to take over games, yet he seems very passive. The last play of regulation was incredible, I just knew he was going to dominate OT. Instead, he was cramping on the sideline, which tells me he didn't take care of business in the offseason as far as conditioning and pushing his limits go. Great kid and VFL, but I need to see some more moxy.

You apparently didn't see him break his man down and drop an 18-footer in his face earlier in the 1st half.

As to your conditioning comment, you have some pretty lofty standards, and apparently little understanding of the human body. Cramps can occur at anytime due to lack of fluid caused by dehydration. Maybe he's sick, maybe he left it all out on the court and sweat his guts out. Step off the soap box. Cramps are not simply a result of a lack of conditioning. Watch how hard this team plays, and try to convince yourself that Tyndall doesn't have them well-conditioned.

Reactions: 5 people
You apparently didn't see him break his man down and drop an 18-footer in his face earlier in the 1st half.

As to your conditioning comment, you have some pretty lofty standards, and apparently little understanding of the human body. Cramps can occur at anytime due to lack of fluid caused by dehydration. Maybe he's sick, maybe he left it all out on the court and sweat his guts out. Step off the soap box. Cramps are not simply a result of a lack of conditioning. Watch how hard this team plays, and try to convince yourself that Tyndall doesn't have them well-conditioned.

Yup, one play definitely demonstrates domination... That should happen WAY more often, especially since JRich receives so much attention.

You need to get off your soapbox when it comes to my understanding of the human body. You must be an M.D.? Physiologist? Strength trainer?

I know we're only 7-8 deep, but I didn't see anyone else cramping. And it's not personal, just discussing what I see on a fan message board, chief.

I remember Dale Ellis and his composure on the court.
Hubbs reminds me of him in his demeanor. I know Ellis was a forward, but he was only an inch taller than Hubbs.

daleellis.png

hubbs.png

Maybe Hubbs and Willie Carmichael will team up like Ellis and Willie Burton. (I'm old)

Reactions: 4 people
Yup, one play definitely demonstrates domination... That should happen WAY more often, especially since JRich receives so much attention.

You need to get off your soapbox when it comes to my understanding of the human body. You must be an M.D.? Physiologist? Strength trainer?

I know we're only 7-8 deep, but I didn't see anyone else cramping. And it's not personal, just discussing what I see on a fan message board, chief.

Keep in mind that Hubbs was rehabilitating a season-ending injury over this past offseason, and I can't remember cramps being an issue in any other game. It's an isolated incident, but your reaction and comments come across as if you think he just sat on his duff all summer eating chicken wings while everyone else was running wind sprints.

All I'm saying is that your comments are a little reactionary and very presumptive. Sorry I came out guns blazing.

In two of the last three games he's had a decisive late shot. He missed the first one but delivered big time last night. Happy for the kid!

Keep in mind that Hubbs was rehabilitating a season-ending injury over this past offseason, and I can't remember cramps being an issue in any other game. It's an isolated incident, but your reaction and comments come across as if you think he just sat on his duff all summer eating chicken wings while everyone else was running wind sprints.

All I'm saying is that your comments are a little reactionary and very presumptive. Sorry I came out guns blazing.

Point taken... Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just waiting for him to take over, which I believe he can if he makes up his mind to take over.

I watch him closer than any other player, save JRich, and I get frustrated when he doesn't force the issue and try to create. I know he can do it.

VN Store

Back