Great Team Effort Tonight

iKrager

Tonight was a team orientated night. We would not have won without Hubbs, Punter, Richardson, Moore, or Reese.

-Moore with excellent hustle all game. Only had 2 rebounds but had 3 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.

-Reese's play tonight was key. His shot was still flat but it was deadly accurate tonight. Keep that confidence up.

-Punter hit a 3 when Vanderbilt was leading by 5 to cut the lead to 2 with 8.7 seconds left.

-Hubbs with the shot to send us into OT.

-Richardson with 27 pts. Hit HUGE 3s to win us the game. Thanks for your performance!

Great performance tonight guys!

Reactions: 19 people
That 3 point shot Punter made was a thing of beauty. The way richardson set it up with the pass and the two screens to leave punter open was sweet. Vandy's defense had no idea who to guard.

Reactions: 2 people
Reese might have screwed the pooch with that missed dunk last week. Be he contributes to more wins than he costs us. Obviously Richardson is in another league than Reese talent and skill-wise, but just like Richardson I love the effort he gives night in and night out.

Reactions: 3 people
Reese might have screwed the pooch with that missed dunk last week. Be he contributes to more wins than he costs us. Obviously Richardson is in another league than Reese talent and skill-wise, but just like Richardson I love the effort he gives night in and night out.

I give Reese a hard time and still feel we need way more skilled players than him. Even though we are not going to reach our goals....Reese is a blast to watch....it cracks me up watching him come spinning down the lane and throwing up some wild shot that banks in.

Reactions: 1 person

I couldn't agree more. He, Hubbs Baulkman they just feel more comfortable, confident loose whatever you wanna call it they just play better on the road.

I can't believe that 3 went down from Punter. Then to have an 80 some percent free throw shooter miss the lead was amazing. Also, Josh's free throws when intentionally fouled in regulation before the miracle 3 shows how icey the water in his vein truly are. Good win! Go vols!

I wasn't that worried with a three point lead, 0.6 seconds to go, and Moore at the line for two, but I wish he could have iced it by hitting one of them. It was a good experience for him though. Maybe if he's shooting free throws in the future with the game truly on the line he'll knock them done now that he's been in a similar situation.

I'm glad the others, Punter and Richardson I think, hit their critical free throws.

Tonight was a team orientated night. We would not have won without Hubbs, Punter, Richardson, Moore, or Reese.

-Moore with excellent hustle all game. Only had 2 rebounds but had 3 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals.

-Reese's play tonight was key. His shot was still flat but it was deadly accurate tonight. Keep that confidence up.

-Punter hit a 3 when Vanderbilt was leading by 5 to cut the lead to 2 with 8.7 seconds left.

-Richardson with 27 pts. Hit HUGE 3s to win us the game. Thanks for your performance!

Exactly right they never gave up this team has so much heart.

Exactly right they never gave up this team has so much heart.
A play that went unnoticed was Punter fouling on the inbounds before anytime went off the clock. It allowed Hubbs to have the full 6.3 seconds to take it the length of the floor and score at the buzzer.

Less than 15 seconds down 4, Vandy going to the foul line for 2. It looked like another close again loss. Then down five after Vandy hits one of two. Then Punter's three at that point cuts it to two with just under 10 seconds. Punter was money down the stretch run.

Great Win for Our Team and Our Coaches...... great to beat Vandy no matter what sport it is. I think we have the Second coming of Bruce Pearl.... our New Coach Donnie Knoxville.... Go Big Orange.....

Very entertaining ballgame. Team played with a lot of heart and played til the very end. Good job team and coaches!

I love watching the effort this team brings every night! Reese had some crucial rebounds down the stretch.

Thanks to the Tennessee "witnesses"who cheered the Vols on at Memorial "garage", & also to the vandie "WHITE-out", which provided a perfect backdrop for the Big ORANGE!
:hi:

Amazing. They scrapped for everything, and any one of several things could have won it for Vandy.

Hubbs slipped as soon as he took off and could have easily fallen.

Punter's 3 could gave clanked off.

Richardson chased down the rebound on his missed shot at the end of OT. Vandy could have been down 1 instead of 3.

Vandy could have made one more free throw at the end of regulation.

VN Store

Back