Josh Richardson

OrngeJuiceJones

Richardson!!!! he may be the best pure "basketball" player in the sec. Not shooter, or point guard, just one hell of a good player. He's a 3 playing point guard bc of all the transfers, I will miss this young man.

Reactions: 9 people
I don't know that he's a 3, but I agree with everything else you posted. Huge heart

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know that he's a 3, but I agree with everything else you posted. Huge heart

No way a 3...but he has worked his tail off running a position that normally isn't a scoring position. I wish we had a true point guard...Josh is a natural 2 guard and wouldn't have the added pressure of running the ballclub.

It's been one heck of a run for J Rich in the past 12 months. Love where his game is at. Man is a competitor. But hey guys, how about Derek Reese tonight? Guy should have zero confidence after his last two games but was a huge factor tonight. And of course, ROBERT HUBBS III with the shot of his young Vol career!!! awesome night, great w

Reactions: 4 people

Not sure really really about a 3 either but this guy has always given his all for Tennessee. His leadership and work ethic is amazing. I hope Vol fans can sit back and enjoy his last few games as a Vol. And I truly hope regardless how the seasons ends we give him the senior night he deserves.

Reactions: 2 people
The Vols will miss him a lot next season! He plays with great hustle, heart and intensity!

Reactions: 3 people
It's been one heck of a run for J Rich in the past 12 months. Love where his game is at. Man is a competitor. But hey guys, how about Derek Reese tonight? Guy should have zero confidence after his last two games but was a huge factor tonight. And of course, ROBERT HUBBS III with the shot of his young Vol career!!! awesome night, great w

I cant believe I missed it.

I can't think of a player that donned the orange who has EVER played better defense. I Really can't. I'm open to suggestions. We saw it last year in a man to man defense (primarily) and this year in a zone. He was playing vs. their bigs tonight at times...that kid is all heart and worth the price of admission. Damn!

Reactions: 1 person
Richardson will go down as one of the best Vols in recent history. The guy completely refuses to lose. Would give anything to see him get back in the tourney. Love this guy!

Richardson will go down as one of the best Vols in recent history. The guy completely refuses to lose. Would give anything to see him get back in the tourney. Love this guy!

I literally just said that to my dad. If we found a way to sneak in, in a one anD done scenario, this guy would put his team on his back. The type of player you don't want to play against in and one and done.

Last edited:
He's probably the most likeable and easiest to root for vol since Chris Lofton. Great kid, great attitude, great game. What's not to like?

I'd say since Chism for the same reasons. All 3 are easy to love 4 year players.

One thing about both Chism and JRich is that neither was an instant impact player, in fact, neither was very good as freshmen. They both got better every single year they played, and worked their way up the old-fashioned way, both eventually becoming the backbone of their teams as seniors. I like seeing that.

I'd say since Chism for the same reasons. All 3 are easy to love 4 year players.

Maybe its because I was at ut w chism. Not that I dont like him, because I do, but get the feeling Richardson is a little more humble.

No real sense in comparing to two anyway

3 star high school senior and now a 5 star college senior. Has been a joy to watch him develop.

"Every minute I spend talking talking to you is another minute I'm not at Waffle House."- Wayne Chism

Chism>Everyone else

Josh Richardson has a motor that never quits! I've said this before, but josh reminds me of tony Allen. I also believe he can have an NBA career like Tony allen, and that is just being a consistent player that never stops. J-Rich is a lot like tony Allen.

Remember when Coach Counzo stole him from Soutwest Missouri State (or something like that). And folks said he never get minutes?
No agenda here, just saying where he came from, kid has worked his butt off for the Vols!

He's probably the most likeable and easiest to root for vol since Chris Lofton. Great kid, great attitude, great game. What's not to like?

I agree. I really appreciate his effort every night. Heart and soul of this team.

VN Store

Back