Carter High School (Strawberry Plains, TN)...

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
Does anyone know if Tennessee is recruiting these two at any level for Tennessee. They are right in our backyard but don't seem to have generated much attention nationally...

The first is Jordan Bowden, he is a senior SG/SF who stands 6'4" and is averaging 29 ppg and 9rpg and 4 apg...

Jordan Bowden's (Strawberry Plains, TN) Basketball Stats

The second is his teammate Kelvin Jackson , he is also a senior standing 6'5" as a SF/PF and averages 24 ppg and 10rpg and 2 apg...

Kelvin Jackson's (Strawberry Plains, TN) Basketball Stats

just curious. SIAP...

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone know if Tennessee is recruiting these two at any level for Tennessee. They are right in our backyard but don't seem to have generated much attention nationally...

The first is Jordan Bowden, he is a senior SG/SF who stands 6'4" and is averaging 29 ppg and 9rpg and 4 apg...

The second is his teammate Kelvin Jackson , he is also a senior standing 6'5" as a SF/PF and averages 24 ppg and 10rpg and 2 apg...

just curious. SIAP...

I saw Al Pinkins at Carter gym Monday night watching them play.

Reactions: 1 person

just curious. SIAP...

Bowden dropped 50 when Pinkins was in attendance.

Reactions: 2 people
Bowden dropped 50 when Pinkins was in attendance.

Yep. He set the Carter single game record 10 days prior with 54 vs Gibbs. The kid can play. I think he has a hudl.

He had a very impressive dunk Monday night. Baseline jam in the 4th quarter.

I don't care who Carter plays if a kid can score like that he should end up in Orange and White. He's in our back yard.. So we have to get this kid!!

I don't care who Carter plays if a kid can score like that he should end up in Orange and White. He's in our back yard.. So we have to get this kid!!

He's too good to walk on here. He's getting offers and interest has really picked up lately.

Not true at all....I haven't seen the kid play but coach has to make sure his skills will translate to the next level....some of it may be the system Carter runs as well.

Not true at all....I haven't seen the kid play but coach has to make sure his skills will translate to the next level....some of it may be the system Carter runs as well.

He has scored 50 points twice this season. He may play at carter, but the kid can play. But ok he'll end up at miss. State or some other sec school like most local kids.

He has scored 50 points twice this season. He may play at carter, but the kid can play. But ok he'll end up at miss. State or some other sec school like most local kids.

I don't care where he plays.....if CDT feels he can play here then I want him but just bc u score a lot of points in high school does not make u a great player....Steven Pearl avg around the same points in high school.

I don't care where he plays.....if CDT feels he can play here then I want him but just bc u score a lot of points in high school does not make u a great player....Steven Pearl avg around the same points in high school.

I'd be shocked if we took Bowden

Not sure but I would guess Carter has scored over 100 points this year more times than any team in TSSAA history. They know how to "score the basketball at a vury high level"

Beast has a point. The system Carter runs produces 100+ point scoring nights with regularity, which is unreal for a 32-minute HS game. I'm with you, 50+ points is impressive regardless, and he's done it twice now, but some credit does go to the system he plays in.

Beast has a point. The system Carter runs produces 100+ point scoring nights with regularity, which is unreal for a 32-minute HS game. I'm with you, 50+ points is impressive regardless, and he's done it twice now, but some credit does go to the system he plays in.

System or not the kid can play I promise you guys. I'm not a scout so I'm not gonna pretend to know whether or not he's SEC material. I'll just say that he is impressive. He can handle the ball, shoot the 3 and can jump out of the gym.

I've been told he's better than Lester Wilson who went on to ETSU from Carter and I believe had 16 vs the Vols this year. I never got to watch Lester in high school but Bowden can play. Carter leads the nation in scoring and no matter what system you run, you don't do that without some kids who can fill it up.

Selfishly, I want the kid in orange.

System or not the kid can play I promise you guys. I'm not a scout so I'm not gonna pretend to know whether or not he's SEC material. I'll just say that he is impressive. He can handle the ball, shoot the 3 and can jump out of the gym.

I've been told he's better than Lester Wilson who went on to ETSU from Carter and I believe had 16 vs the Vols this year. I never got to watch Lester in high school but Bowden can play. Carter leads the nation in scoring and no matter what system you run, you don't do that without some kids who can fill it up.

Selfishly, I want the kid in orange.

I never said he couldn't play. I only said to put the huge scoring numbers into perspective. Make no mistake, this isn't Pete Maravich.

I'd like to see him at UT too, but not as much as I'd like to see a PG. Can he play PG?

Can he shoot the three ball? At 6'4 he'd better be able to in order to get a high major offer.

I never said he couldn't play. I only said to put the huge scoring numbers into perspective. Make no mistake, this isn't Pete Maravich.

I'd like to see him at UT too, but not as much as I'd like to see a PG. Can he play PG?

I think he's a wing but again I'm not a scout.

I go to a few Alcoa games a yr.....wish I had went to that one....wonder if our staff feels he is a high major player?

Last year, he'd have probably gotten an offer as we filled out a roster. Having Phillips already signed, I just don't think we can afford to gamble on a local SG who MAY be an SEC talent. If he could play PG, I'd say bring him on.

On the other hand, maybe the staff thinks Phillips can play PG.

Carter runs the shoot every 7 seconds offense and usually scores 90-100 a game but allows the same kind of numbers. I've seen both play and neither are sec caliber. They play 1 good team in district play (Fulton) and earlier this year Fulton beat them by 50. The scoring is a product of the system and playing a weak district schedule. Neither player is getting pursued by top colleges.

Hello from VOL FAN IN AFGHANI LAND!
It has been a tradition of UT B-Ball to pass up some serious homegrown talent. Jordan's father and uncle were serious ballers in their time at Austin- East and there were quite a few other players through out the years in K-Town whom never were looked at.
I hope Tyndall even though he has 2 commitments in the mold of the 2 young men at Carter really take a serious look at them. We have 2 players on the bench now in Campbell and Lopez. I hope Lopez will receive another year to play and he will be a steady PG.
If Donnie Knoxville really want to make some noise lock down the talent pool in your own back yard and take a page out Butch's book and put it to good use.

Reactions: 2 people

You show me a system where a kid is scoring 50 fn points and it's bc of the system, then hell, hire the coach.

VN Store

Back