Tyndall on Basilio link, 2-10-15

Main thing I got from the interview was that Donnie feels like the NCAA investigation has not hurt recruiting whatsoever.

Reactions: 2 people
Main thing I got from the interview was that Donnie feels like the NCAA investigation has not hurt recruiting whatsoever.

Absolutely no other way that he could answer that. He is also lying. Having the NCAA parked in your driveway always hurts recruiting.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not sure what we are supposed to be surprised about with this interview.
Most reasonable people would be surprised with the detail he goes into as to why the NCAA investigation has had zero effect on his recruiting. He should know I would think. He's signed two and says two more are in the bank.

If that's the case, we better get used to the NIT. I was praying his lackluster recruiting was because of the NCAA. If it's not, then we in trouble.

If that's the case, we better get used to the NIT. I was praying his lackluster recruiting was because of the NCAA. If it's not, then we in trouble.
Basilio compared him to Gregg Marshall at Wichita State who does a lot without the 5* recruits. Matter of fact, Basilio asked him if he valued toughness over prima donna talents. He replied that toughness indeed was a pre-requisite. He wants guys that will carry the fight all the way to the basket. Worth a listen to make a comment.

NIT is better than the NCAA tourney. Its better for recruiting.

but I do agree with you.

Reactions: 1 person
I know I am in the minority on this board but I just don't see him being the coach at The University of Tennessee. Maybe Austin Peay, but I do not think he is ready for prime time. Let me put it this way he is no Bruce Pearl and if we are going to get slammed for his behavior, I would choose Bruce 100 times out of 100.

Most reasonable people would be surprised with the detail he goes into as to why the NCAA investigation has had zero effect on his recruiting. He should know I would think. He's signed two and says two more are in the bank.

I listened to the pod cast and he did not say two more are in the bank. He said they have 2 signed and are looking to add two more. So that is not 2 in the bank

Last edited:
I usually try not to call someone out but we need to be honest about what the man said not what we want him to say.
Begging your pardon but this was not the first time he has said he has two more he's gonna sign. Don't you think he would know that with signing day being two months away? You ain't called out nothing but your own theory.

I know I am in the minority on this board but I just don't see him being the coach at The University of Tennessee. Maybe Austin Peay, but I do not think he is ready for prime time. Let me put it this way he is no Bruce Pearl and if we are going to get slammed for his behavior, I would choose Bruce 100 times out of 100.

not sure what to think of this

Fabrications!!
Sadly you are the one fabricating. He has said on more than one occasion he has two more he's going to sign. He should know, right? Trust the coach just like Butch Jones. His last 2 may well be wanting to make a big production of it on national tv on National Signing Day in April.

VN Store

Back