4 and 5 position

LittleDTO

I don't keep up with basketball recruiting like I do Football so I'm hoping some of you guys can shed some light.

To me, our biggest problem is the lack of a 4 and 5 player. Defenses can extend on us without fear of anything inside.

Also, we don't have shot blocking ability.

Are we in on any good PF or Centers? Who are they and what offers do they have as well.

Thanks in advance.

The 5 sure isn't what it used to be in college basketball. That was the most important spot on the floor not long ago. Teams used to be built around great 5s and those with the best 5s were always near the top of the rankings.

Now having 3 or 4 long 6-6 to 6-9 athletes in the lineup seems to be the formula. Then having a tight end type available helps in situations.

TN has three freshman that will fill the middle pretty well... they all just need to add bulk over the next couple of years. CDT needs to add one or two that are already 230+ to speed things along.

Reactions: 1 person
Jabari and Owens will be good. I believe WC is too small and not good enough to overcome it. He is really about 6'6. Owens will be a force in a couple of years and McGhee is all ready solid. We need to pull in an elite big man though. That was a problem I had with Martin's recruiting. We need athletic 6'9 to 7' at the five like most good major conference teams have. No more 6'6 to 6'8 five men.

Jabari and Owens will be good. I believe WC is too small and not good enough to overcome it. He is really about 6'6. Owens will be a force in a couple of years and McGhee is all ready solid. We need to pull in an elite big man though. That was a problem I had with Martin's recruiting. We need athletic 6'9 to 7' at the five like most good major conference teams have. No more 6'6 to 6'8 five men.
Willie Carmichael is 6'8.. He is not 6'6 I can tell you that. Carmichael will be a beast with more weight added, we've seen the flashes of his capabilities this year.

But to answer the OP. We're in on Kamini Jackson a JUCO out of New Mexico,and we're also in on a dude named Kahlil Iverson (SF though). Currently we're playing with an undersized PF in Armani Moore, underskilled PF Derek Reese and undersized/underweight Willie Carmichael and Tarik Owens. I know Armani ane Derek are "work horses" and will bust their tail off over the summer to improve as a player, lets hope the freshmen feel the same way. Expect Reese and Moore to get better and you can assume either WC/Tarik/Jabari will improve this summer too.

Last edited:
Reggie Johnson would be an excellent 5 in this system. A Tom Boerwinkle or Len Kosmalski would need the system adjusted to them. Patrick Ewing would be a beast.

Who are the two JUCOs on the recruiting radar that are on the same team? What positions are they?

What would really be nice is if Knoxville produced players like Memphis. Apparently we don't give them grow grow juice as youngster's.

Willie Carmichael is 6'8.. He is not 6'6 I can tell you that. Carmichael will be a beast with more weight added, we've seen the flashes of his capabilities this year.

But to answer the OP. We're in on Kamini Jackson a JUCO out of New Mexico,and we're also in on a dude named Kahlil Iverson (SF though). Currently we're playing with an undersized PF in Armani Moore, underskilled PF Derek Reese and undersized/underweight Willie Carmichael and Tarik Owens. I know Armani ane Derek are "work horses" and will bust their tail off over the summer to improve as a player, lets hope the freshmen feel the same way. Expect Reese and Moore to get better and you can assume either WC/Tarik/Jabari will improve this summer too.

Has he grown since the RTL? I saw him and he was about 6'6. I haven't been to games yet since I'm getting another degree, work full time and have two children.

Has he grown since the RTL? I saw him and he was about 6'6. I haven't been to games yet since I'm getting another degree, work full time and have two children.
Did you get a chance to measure him while you were there? I haven't gotten a chance to measure the dude (lol) but he's as tall as Derek Reese who is a legit 6'8. Carmichael is also listed 6'8 on his vol page, and recruiting pages. I don't think multiple services/websites would give him the benefit of the doubt at 6'6.

Did you get a chance to measure him while you were there? I haven't gotten a chance to measure the dude (lol) but he's as tall as Derek Reese who is a legit 6'8. Carmichael is also listed 6'8 on his vol page, and recruiting pages. I don't think multiple services/websites would give him the benefit of the doubt at 6'6.

No bit I'm 6'3 and he was a few inches taller than me. We see it every year at the NBA combine.

No bit I'm 6'3 and he was a few inches taller than me. We see it every year at the NBA combine.

10441099.jpeg

For comparison's sake.

Reactions: 1 person
I just see the two huge dudes for Kentucky, and it makes for easy shooting for Harrison.

I have to admit, I love the matchup zone like defense we run. Not real happy with the offense but maybe its because we don't have a scorer other than Richardson.

I just see the two huge dudes for Kentucky, and it makes for easy shooting for Harrison.

I have to admit, I love the matchup zone like defense we run. Not real happy with the offense but maybe its because we don't have a scorer other than Richardson.

On offense, Hubbs seems to stand in one spot a lot just watching Richardson dribble around.

The McGhee/Carmichael families hung out in Orlando and I took this pic of Jabari, Willie and his mom. Jabari is 6'7.5 and Willie is a little taller.

Attachments

• Jabari and Willie.jpg
    Jabari and Willie.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back