My friend met the president of UGA yesterday - what a guy

Pump Guy

If Steve Spurrier was my neighbor, I would move.
** I am not backing away from a single statement, but I have been asked to remove this for personal reasons, not Volnation. **

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
What a spinchter. Has some bad teeth too. :crazy: He is mad because his football team never wins anything significant and he knows what is coming for them next year.

Reactions: 1 person
That's what's wrong with this world. A-holes are running it and ruining all good will toward men...and women.
Well, at least you had an experience you'll never forget.
P.S. Cool story bro'. :)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds worst than my visit to Athens in 2000... when they finally beat us. My dad and I got cussed several times just being vol fans were ever we went in Athens. You can not be polite to those idiots. I have had better experiences talking to gator fans. I would have loved to been at Sanford Stadium in 06 when they was up big in first half and got slaughtered by vols in second half 51-33.

Last edited:
I really feel sorry for CMR. It explains a lot of the rumors about his issues with the president at UGA. No capital P was on purpose. This guy is a jerk. More reason to hate those idiots. Go Big Orange and Go Jackets!

I've worked in higher education for nearly 10 years now and I can tell you through firsthand experience that many people that work in academic administration are strange and socially awkward. The stereotype isn't always true of course, but the percentage is certainly higher than you would find in most other fields of work.

Reactions: 5 people
Georgia Douche.... What pisses me off was he was doing this in front of kids.... if it was just you (adult), that would be one thing, but to act like this in front of the kids who were clearly with you.... that is just weak-a$$ Sh%^... wish we would have won....

Reactions: 2 people
Still trying to figure out why you posted a photo of someones old douche bag with this story.....

Ive got a buttsniffer working for me (yes, I hired him). Hell, I think I'll fire him Monday for spite.....

I've worked in higher education for nearly 10 years now and I can tell you through firsthand experience that many people that work in academic administration are strange and socially awkward. The stereotype isn't always true of course, but the percentage is certainly higher than you would find in most other fields of work.

I also work in higher ed and totally agree with that statement.

OP, if your friend works in the president's office and knows you're a Vol fan, they shouldn't have given you those tickets. As someone who has worked with and in athletics, that's a no no, but they could've gotten you tickets somewhere else. I've sat in the president's suite and I couldn't imagine bringing one of my friends that supported the other team to sit in that area. Hopefully they make it through Monday without getting canned.

I also work in higher ed and totally agree with that statement.

OP, if your friend works in the president's office and knows you're a Vol fan, they shouldn't have given you those tickets. As someone who has worked with and in athletics, that's a no no, but they could've gotten you tickets somewhere else. I've sat in the president's suite and I couldn't imagine bringing one of my friends that supported the other team to sit in that area. Hopefully they make it through Monday without getting canned.

I generally agree. But still no reason for the guy to behave like that. Wasn't the fault of the Tennessee fan.

I generally agree. But still no reason for the guy to behave like that. Wasn't the fault of the Tennessee fan.

I agree, he was being an ass and he could of had the matter taken care of very easily and got them other seats. But it was a bad move by the person in his office to do that.

I agree, he was being an ass and he could of had the matter taken care of very easily and got them other seats. But it was a bad move by the person in his office to do that.

No need to defend him. This is not the image you desire from your University President in Public no matter what the Circumstances.

The I will take care of this Monday was a threat to the friends job security. This was an immature gesture and should have never been stated.

This President was on a power trip. This would have never happened at Tennessee or 90% of the Universities.

The President could have easily moved the fans with one phone call and made it the best event ever for the UT fans.

Then, Walk in the office on Monday and tell his staffer you owe me one, don't do it again, and I hope they had a great time at the game. I made sure they did.

What an idiot on a power trip to chose the baby approach and not sell his University better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I can understand him being upset that tickets were given to a UT fan; but it was completely unprofessional and immature to take it out on the Vol fan, who wasn't being rude or obnoxious. Deal with it Monday with the employee but don't belittle an innocent guy who has nothing to do with it.

If you get that pissy that easily over a very minor issue like that, maybe this line of work isn't for you.

VN Store

Back