Tennessee @ Vandy 2008

Orangeblood98'

..is on the SEC Network right now. This was a tough game to watch at the time ( and still is by all means), but it's great to see the glory days of Bruce again right now.

We were LOADED. I still can't believe we
lost this game. That #1 looked good next to our name. Even if it was only for 24 hours..

..is on the SEC Network right now. This was a tough game to watch at the time ( and still is by all means), but it's great to see the glory days of Bruce again right now.

lost this game. That #1 looked good next to our name. Even if it was only for 24 hours..

Didn't Vandie shoot over 40 free throw attempts? Or something like that.

Just a shameful hose job. That entire crew should have been fired immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
I keep thinking what if Tyler Smith didn't kicked off the next season? Final Four? National Championship?

72 hours. Saturday night thru Tuesday night.

Something that I didn't remember. We should have had the ball with 7 seconds left to tie.

After Chism's dunk, Foster goes to inbound and throws it down the baseline out of bounds to another player. By rule, that second guy can't run the baseline anymore. He is now a stationary inbounder. The player ran the baseline again and threw it back to Foster. Should have been traveling and our ball with 7 seconds left. You can see Pearl react after that.

Last edited:
Wasn't this the game some fat frat guy in the crowd tried to stare down Tyler Smith?

Something that I didn't remember. We should have had the ball with 7 seconds left to tie.

After Chism's dunk, Foster goes to inbound and throws it down the baseline out of bounds to another player. By rule, that second guy can't run the baseline anymore. He is now a stationary inbounder. The player ran the baseline again and threw it back to Foster. Should have been traveling and our ball with 7 seconds left. You can see Pearl react after that.

Are you positive about that rule? You rarely see that play anymore, but I wasn't aware of the stationary 2nd guy rule. I've also wondered if a bounce pass is allowed in that situation... I'm assuming it's not.

One thing that I've not seen called for a long, long time is the inbounder stepping on the court before releasing the pass. I've seen that rule violated and not called every couple of games and also a bunch of near violations every couple of minutes.

I hate to say it, but I felt like we were going to lose coming off short rest after such a big game. It was the ultimate letdown game.

And to be honest, I wasn't even that mad.

I went to the game in memphis then went straight to Nashville for that game. As annoying as Memphis fans are, they don't hold a candle to vandy fans. Ive never seen so many nerds talking so much **** in my life. It was disgusting

VN Store

Back