Tyndall- We'll come up with a couple more good recruits!

SeniorDrill

Donnie Tyndall speaking to the Big Orange Tipoff Club.
“We signed two good players early,’’ Tyndall said. “We’ve got two we’re gonna get this spring. “We’re involved with eight or 10 really good players. We’ll come up with a couple of good ones, I assure you.’’
Donnie Tyndall on recruiting:

Reactions: 1 person
Star rankings hardly mean a thing. Donnie Tyndall was the only D1 coach to offer Kenneth Faried a scholarship. Under recruited? I'd say so

I want a talented team that stays in the top 25 and is capable of making deep runs in the tournament on a consistent basis. He will never achieve this recruiting against NC Ashville and eastern Kentucky

Reactions: 4 people
Star rankings hardly mean a thing. Donnie Tyndall was the only D1 coach to offer Kenneth Faried a scholarship. Under recruited? I'd say so

Players like Faried are the exception, not the rule. Very few players that are labeled his type of caliber in HS will amount to even half of what he is.

I would love it if we signed Deqoun Miller because we need an older Point Gaurd. And Kimani Jackson for size in the paint!!!$$$

Add our two freshmen,I think Phillips is a steal, we will have a solid recruting class despite allegations.

I would love it if we signed Deqoun Miller because we need an older Point Gaurd. And Kimani Jackson for size in the paint!!!$$$

Add our two freshmen,I think Phillips is a steal, we will have a solid recruting class despite allegations.

Agree about Phillips. He should be higher rated. Not sure about Admiral

I want a talented team that stays in the top 25 and is capable of making deep runs in the tournament on a consistent basis. He will never achieve this recruiting against NC Ashville and eastern Kentucky

I agree....... I do think CDT has a much better eye for talent than our last coach but to be a champion u have to win battles on and off the court against the big boys.

Love Phillips have no clue about Schofield. We desperately need a true pg. Even this year we are way better if we had one.

How many guys from OVC end up getting lots of playing time in the NBA? Faried was a very special player. CDT certainly got a gem, but you're not going to have every single guy exceed ratings.

Players like Faried are the exception, not the rule. Very few players that are labeled his type of caliber in HS will amount to even half of what he is.
I'm well aware. I posted that because it shows Tyndall has a knack for finding talent and has visions for each of the players he recruits. He knows what the recruits bring, and how they can develop. Imo.

Seems to have done a pretty good job of cobbling together a class after National Signing Day was over this past year. Look for the remaining players to fill the two glaring needs.

How many guys from OVC end up getting lots of playing time in the NBA? Faried was a very special player. CDT certainly got a gem, but you're not going to have every single guy exceed ratings.
I was responding to "good recruits don't mean two stars". I didn't make statements about other 2*s or the OVC. All I'm saying is Tyndall knows what a gem is, if he thinks the player can play, I would believe him.

I was responding to "good recruits don't mean two stars". I didn't make statements about other 2*s or the OVC. All I'm saying is Tyndall knows what a gem is, if he thinks the player can play, I would believe him.

My point is guys that are 2 and 3 stars that dont get many offers and generally go lower tier D-1 schools are almost never the Faried type. He was an exception, a huge one.

My point is guys that are 2 and 3 stars that dont get many offers and generally go lower tier D-1 schools are almost never the Faried type. He was an exception, a huge one.
So was Damian Lillard. So do you agree with his statement two stars aren't good players? Pretty absurd to state that when there's been multiple players in the past who have proven the star rankings can be wrong/incorrect.

I think schofield might develop into an Armari Moore type player. I think he will need more time to develop than Phillips.

I think schofield might develop into an Armari Moore type player. I think he will need more time to develop than Phillips.
Schofield will be physically more ready than Phillips though. Schofield is already a legit 225 lbs.

It's the coach, Kentucky fan. He took his ragtag bunch at Southern Miss and beat Missouri last year and Georgia the year before. And guess what, he'll take his motley crew at Tennessee and beat Kentucky in the next year or two.

So was Damian Lillard. So do you agree with his statement two stars aren't good players? Pretty absurd to state that when there's been multiple players in the past who have proven the star rankings can be wrong/incorrect.

For every Faried, Damien, Leonard, etc there are hundreds of recruit who played in college, had good careers, and then graduated moving into a regular job. College programs can be successful with lower ranked recruits. Schools like VCU, Wichita St, San Diego St, and others have shown that. It's what makes the sport fun in college. If you believe CDT can do that and sustain it for a long time, then by all means, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just unreasonable to automatically expect CDT can do it.

We spend more money than any other school in the country on recruiting in the two male revenue sports. Are we going to get a JUCO PG and a highly rated "Frosh to be" PG?

Since we have NO PG and the guy forced to play out of position is leaving, seems like it wouldn't be all that hard.

I don't follow MBB 'cruitin but look forward to some responses. TIA & GBO!!!

It's the coach, Kentucky fan. He took his ragtag bunch at Southern Miss and beat Missouri last year and Georgia the year before. And guess what, he'll take his motley crew at Tennessee and beat Kentucky in the next year or two.

I'm not saying it's impossible. College basketball is one of the best sports when it comes to underdog stories. VCU going to the final four. Who would dream that? UConn winning the title last year? Ridiculous. UT can be a good team with lower ranked recruits. Is CDT the next Brad Stevens/Shaka Smart and can UT replicate that without elite recruits? We'll see.

At this point, he just needs to recruit some competent players that can develop. He can coach them up. As long as he can put a decent product on the floor, he can try to get through the investigation. Then, he can start recruiting higher level players. Just the way it's going to be for next season.

We just lost to godawful Miss St at home, and you think we are going to beat UK?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back