Andy Katz on Tyndall situation before 7pm

Katz says that if the Southern Miss violations were committed by Donnie's assistants and not Tyndall that he will keep his job and will probably serve a 2 to 3 game suspension in 2015 for 'lack of oversight.'

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Katz was pressed to put a percentage on Tyndall keeping his job at UT....he said he thought the end result would be a suspension next season. Music to these ears.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey guys. I don't follow basketball much but I've noticed that it seems like if a coach violates rules in basketball for one school and it doesn't get caught until after the coach has a new job with another school that the violations still come back on the coach instead of all on his former school. In football the former school gets all the disciplinary actions and the violating coach gets a free pass. Why isn't the rules the same across the board or am I missing something?

Reactions: 1 person
I wish the suspension was this year. This team is hard pressed to play against the bottom half of the SEC effectively. Scratch the season and move on and prepare for next year. Sorry your Senior year had to be this way Josh but you are one hell of a player.

I think we will be worse next year than this year without Josh. Tyndall has his work cut out for him

I think we will be worse next year than this year without Josh. Tyndall has his work cut out for him

At least the Football team is on it's way to becoming a power again. That will take our minds off of the weak men's basketball teams of probably the next two seasons.

At least the Football team is on it's way to becoming a power again. That will take our minds off of the weak men's basketball teams of probably the next two seasons.

I expect a better team next season, not a Kentucky level team or anything, but an improvement. The season after that, who knows? This is not football. It should not take that long to build it up - after the supposed penalties are known. I expect many of our new players to take a big step next year.

Reactions: 2 people

I disagree! I think that these guys will work hard during the off season and shock you guys! We just need a solid, I mean solid PG and one other post! Our 3pt shooters need to diligently work on their shot! Our foulers need to get an one on one NCAA fouling class (please sign Jabari up for that one)! As a team, just be ready to play 40 solid min. In hard defense and hella offense!
I feel someone will step up and take on the leading role! We will just have to wait and see! Remember....we are rebuilding BRICK BY BRICK!

Reactions: 2 people
I disagree! I think that these guys will work hard during the off season and shock you guys! We just need a solid, I mean solid PG and one other post! Our 3pt shooters need to diligently work on their shot! Our foulers need to get an one on one NCAA fouling class (please sign Jabari up for that one)! As a team, just be ready to play 40 solid min. In hard defense and hella offense! I feel someone will step up and take on the leading role! We will just have to wait and see! Remember....we are rebuilding BRICK BY BRICK!
Jabby, you are exactly right! You are double right! Just ignore the Negavols. They only have a goal of raining on the parade. That's it. The ones who really know basketball know that one player doesn't make a team. Coach T has just been thrust into a situation this year where he has to rely heavily on the most valuable player in the conference in my opinion. But this coach knows how to build a basketball team. Next year's team will be better than this year's team and the same the year after. All I can say is he is the basketball version of Butch Jones and that says it all. What about that, we are headed toward SEC championships and national championships in both sports for the first time in our history! Don't know if any team has ever accomplished that! Wow!! :good!:

Richardson is a fantastic player that will be sorely missed however all the other players should be markedly improved with a full year in CDT's program.

Hubbs has shown marked improvement as the season has progressed. If he pushes himself in the off season he has the potential to take the lead role on the team in 2016.

Moore and Reece will be seniors and should be better.

The young post players should be healthy and 15 pounds heavier each.

Mostellia could find his footing as he was a well ranked recruit.

Bauckman will have his shoulder repaired and hopefully Punter will learn to make free throws consistently.

Lots of reason for optimism IMHO, TIFWIW

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
All I can say is he is the basketball version of Butch Jones and that says it all. :good!:

CBJ has excelled at recruiting first followed by changing the losing culture surrounding the football program.

CDT stepped into a winning culture but one that had lost almost all the players. In a short time he patched together a bunch of wing players along with post players who were not physically ready for SEC ball and has somehow coached them to exceed their combined talent.

I really don't see the comparison honestly?

Jabby, you are exactly right! You are double right! Just ignore the Negavols. They only have a goal of raining on the parade. That's it. The ones who really know basketball know that one player doesn't make a team. Coach T has just been thrust into a situation this year where he has to rely heavily on the most valuable player in the conference in my opinion. But this coach knows how to build a basketball team. Next year's team will be better than this year's team and the same the year after. All I can say is he is the basketball version of Butch Jones and that says it all. What about that, we are headed toward SEC championships and national championships in both sports for the first time in our history! Don't know if any team has ever accomplished that! Wow!! :good!:

Florida says hello.

I disagree! I think that these guys will work hard during the off season and shock you guys! We just need a solid, I mean solid PG and one other post! Our 3pt shooters need to diligently work on their shot! Our foulers need to get an one on one NCAA fouling class (please sign Jabari up for that one)! As a team, just be ready to play 40 solid min. In hard defense and hella offense!
I feel someone will step up and take on the leading role! We will just have to wait and see! Remember....we are rebuilding BRICK BY BRICK!

Will Chiles be eligible next year?

Can even argue LSU was doing that. Final Four in 2006, national championship in 2007 with football. Teams have done it before. Way to research.

We will continue to improve every day under CDT. The guys played hard last night and could have won. I thought CDT looked his best of the season in the grey toned suit. The dark blue coat / blue shirt needed to go.

VN Store

Back