Where is Mostella?

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
Detrick hasn't been getting many minutes lately, anyone know why he has fallen out of favor?

I was excited about him when he went off a couple times early in the season, I hope he finds his way back into the rotation.

He is just so raw that he doesn't really fit anywhere yet. In their rotation theres not a lot of room for him to sub in(I know our lack of players, but thats mainly the big guys in the post who lack rotations). Right now he's basically what McBee was, which is just a 3pt guy, and if hes not hitting his 3's theres no reason for him to really be in the game.

Reactions: 1 person
He was playing early in the game and then was pulled. Afterwards Tyndall was talking to him while he was on the bench.

Anyone know what happened?

He is seemingly a much worse shooter at home than he is on the road. Unfortunately, he has not improved much this year. Carmichael too, for that matter.

Would be nice if we could get some quality minutes from him.

He just isn't committed to defense and rebounding. If Chiles was healthy he'd be getting his minutes.

I'm assuming he just has some mental lapses. He got early playing time and then got chewed out.I think he has plenty of potential and will be a fine player. Just gonna take some time

He hasn't shot the ball well. I think today we went with the regulars a lot more minutes Auburn was a tough win.

He is just fitting in where CT needs him to right now. Right now he is going to be limited to being a streaky shooter. As he gains experience he'll see opportunities to drive and create for himself.

BTW I think he can be a good defender before he's thru too.

He just isn't committed to defense and rebounding. If Chiles was healthy he'd be getting his minutes.

To be fair, he wasn't recruited to be a rebounder, and his on-ball defense has improved. He just needs to gain strength and a better understanding of his assignments in the zone schemes. Simply put, he is just behind some better/more experienced players in rhe rotation like JRich, Hubbs, Punter, and Baulkman right now.

To be fair, he wasn't recruited to be a rebounder, and his on-ball defense has improved. He just needs to gain strength and a better understanding of his assignments in the zone schemes. Simply put, he is just behind some better/more experienced players in rhe rotation like JRich, Hubbs, Punter, and Baulkman right now.

This is true. He's not a bad player. He just has to improve those things to get a bigger role. We'll need him next year.

You got the Postgame report today?

This is true. He's not a bad player. He just has to improve those things to get a bigger role. We'll need him next year.

You got the Postgame report today?

Yeah, I'm working on it. Was waiting for official box score to be posted.

Good win. It's gonna be a lot tougher if we have to wait on guys to get better. It's not like we are ten deep.
We need everybody stepping up. Still a long way to go.

GO VOLS!

Looks like Owens is getting close to passing Carmichael. If Willie wants to play he is going to have to show it on the court.

Mostella is doing just fine. He is a freshman and it is going to take a little time for the light to come on. But when it does, look out!

He force alot of shots and seem not make good court decisions lately. I think he is just young and the game just has not slowed down for him yet. We will need him more next year and with a full year under his belt he will show up for us next year.

It takes time for young players to adjust, grow and come into their own. We've seen this before. Look at kids like McCrae, Hopson and even Richardson. It takes time to get ready to play at this level. Rare to see a very young player walk in and be a major or even regular contributor. Even Hubbs...5 star and all...is just now finding his stride. Give the kid a year or two and he'll be fine.

Donnie addressed in his presser. Basically said after talking of those making progress that on the other hand you may have those who start feeling sorry for themselves and who go from being in the rotation to not
and they figure it out.

VN Store

Back