Saturday Auburn vs Tennessee High Noon

Dave1967

Bruce makes his long awaited return to Knoxville this Saturday. I think Tennessee ruins his trip and sends him back to Auburn a loser. Tennessee will beat Auburn by 5.

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about keeping Bowers off the board. It would nice to get him in foul trouble early.

But if UT comes out with the effort and energy it has played with on the road I think we get this W. I hope so we need these next 2 in a bad way.

What do you guys expect the fan reaction to be to bruce? Boos? Cheers? Standing ovation? Hopefully our fans recognize he is no longer a vol and is there to try to give us a loss!

Id like to see the timeline for all of Pearl's infractions shown on tv one last time. I don't think they showed it enough four years ago.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope all of this Tyndall stuff doesn't start distracting the players.

This and the next game are definite must wins.

What is really sad is the fact that many people will come out to the game just to cheer for CBP rather than the Vols. I liked him when he was here, but he messed in the nest and is now working for the enemy.

What is really sad is the fact that many people will come out to the game just to cheer for CBP rather than the Vols. I liked him when he was here, but he messed in the nest and is now working for the enemy.

If Auburn was doing well and UT sucking, I might agree. But I don't think that many will show up just to cheer for Pearl.

ANYONE READ THIS:
ALL-SEC Vol legend Mike Edwards, one of 20 players
voted to UT's all century team, was the guest speaker
at today's tip-off club gathering.
He was recruited by the legendary John Wooden and
even showed the crowd a letter coach wooden had sent
him some years ago... he of course settled on UT and coach ray mears..
Again, this Saturday, it's Pearl vs. Tyndall and Edwards was asked which coach he thinks he could have played for, "...Somebody asked me the other day, could you have played here at Tennessee, I couldn't have played for Bruce Pearl cause of the man to man defense, but I could have played for Donnie Tyndall. I could have played the type of zone defense he's playing but he's doing an outstanding job."
Turnovers would cost the Vols Tuesday night at Arkansas, but Edwards says he thinks coach Tyndall's winning because the vols are keeping those turnovers in check, something his coach Ray Mears used to preach.
I wish I could be at this game! I am just curious about how the fans will react to BP! Some love him and some really hates him! From what I heard, Both, BP AND DT, are very animated while coaching! So that will be exciting to watch!

Would be nice if UT put together a video montage and played, I.e. like the Colts did when Peyton returned "home"

Would be nice if UT put together a video montage and played, I.e. like the Colts did when Peyton returned "home"

Yeah and at the end say "But that was then, this is now" and explode a picture of Donnie Knoxville on the Jumbotron.

VN Store

Back