McRae vs Hubbs

VolnJC

Interesting stat

Jordan McRae averaged 8.6 ppg as a sophomore. Robert Hubbs in averaging 10 ppg in SEC play

Reactions: 4 people
Unless Hubbs learns how to be as loose as a boiled spaghetti noodle, I'm not sure if he'll ever be the kinda player McRae was, but I definitely still see potential in him.

You know that it goes under the radar. This is just part of what a great coach we have in the fold. At the beginning of the season, Robert Hubbs III was nowhere near the player he is now and he just keeps getting better. Ditto, Derrick Reese. Heck, ditto every member of the team. A lot of that development is due to this coach.

Reactions: 3 people
You know that it goes under the radar. This is just part of what a great coach we have in the fold. At the beginning of the season, Robert Hubbs III was nowhere near the player he is now and he just keeps getting better. Ditto, Derrick Reese. Heck, ditto every member of the team. A lot of that development is due to this coach.

Hopefully this trending up will continue all the way into the SEC tournament. Also I think Hubbs will have a break out year next year 2015/16 after JR is gone. He has all the tools but needs to work on being aggressive and in attack mode at the right times.

He is improving and confidence seems to be growing as well. Hopefully the shot last night doesn't set that back. We will need him even more next year.

At the beginning of the year, I thought Hubbs just was not the player he was advertised to be. I agree that CDT has really coached him and the entire team up. RH is playing better and better. There is not one other coach in the SEC that could do as much with so little. There are 13 other schools praying that the NCAA levies some heavy punishment on CDT, because they see the headlights, and it is a locomotive coming. Without a doubt, we have the best basketball coach in the SEC.

Without a doubt, we have the best basketball coach in the SEC.

Without a doubt? Come on now. I like your enthusiasm, but CDT, as much as I like him, still has A LOT to prove. Calling him the best in the conference is a huuuge stretch right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Without a doubt? Come on now. I like your enthusiasm, but CDT, as much as I like him, still has A LOT to prove. Calling him the best in the conference is a huuuge stretch right now.

I was going to go that is the best coach in the world but now u made me feel bad...JK I love CDT but he has a lot to prove with coaching the team and in recruiting.

At the beginning of the year, I thought Hubbs just was not the player he was advertised to be. I agree that CDT has really coached him and the entire team up. RH is playing better and better. There is not one other coach in the SEC that could do as much with so little. There are 13 other schools praying that the NCAA levies some heavy punishment on CDT, because they see the headlights, and it is a locomotive coming. Without a doubt, we have the best basketball coach in the SEC.

I wouldn't call him the best in the SEC. The SEC has a few coaches that have proven a lot more than CDT, heck the SEC has two National Championship winning coaches. Hubbs is starting to come along very nicely.

McRae did not emerge as a consistent scorer until mid way through his junior year. His breakout game was Memphis at home if I recall. People remember what McRae did at the end of his career but forget that he wasn't a solidified starter for a part of his junior year. He was backing up Skylar McBee.

Hubbs will be fine. He was probably ranked a little too high. His 5 star ranking (by most services) was a little misleading. If I remember correctly, he was rated in the 20's nationally. There's a big difference in a 5* ranked 23rd and a 5* like Tobias Harris or John Wall that are 1-and-done type talents.

I will revise what I stated earlier. Of the 2 mentioned, Calipari, great (suspiciously) recruiter, not that good a game coach. Donovan, very good recruiter, good game coach.

I think CDT is the best GAME coach in the SEC. We (hopefully) will have to see how well he can recruit in this league. I believe he will be fine in that area.

The last two coaches had players do this. Glad to see Hubbs come alive. But he was higher ranked than JM and had a better fr season even while hurt. He should average as much or more as JM did sophomore year if he is healthy.

While I agree that DT has done a great job of developing them and deserves credit, why were people on here not giving Martin credit for developing McRae, Golden, Maymon, Richardson, etc. I'm not a Martin fan per se, just playing Devils advocate.

While I agree that DT has done a great job of developing them and deserves credit, why were people on here not giving Martin credit for developing McRae, Golden, Maymon, Richardson, etc. I'm not a Martin fan per se, just playing Devils advocate.

You've done it now

Volbeast33, you gonna let him post this? We all know a coach doesn't develop players, it's time to set the record straight VB33!

Player development was never an issue with Martin as coach.

Hubbs wasn't even healthy during the offseason to work on his game like Josh, Armani and Derek all did. I think Hubbs joined them for the 2nd Summer practice sesh. Imagine if Hubbs had an entire summer to get better.

If Hubbs can improve his dribbling, then hot dog.

Well, considering that Coach T had transformed Martin's bench sitting walk on point guard for 3 years into his starter, I would say that speaks volumes about said player development capability. Oh, by the way we could add Hubbs, Reese, and Moore as additional data sets. So that leaves me with the opinion that it was player talent and not player development that carried the day for Martin.

Well, considering that Coach T had transformed Martin's bench sitting walk on point guard for 3 years into his starter, I would say that speaks volumes about said player development capability. Oh, by the way we could add Hubbs, Reese, and Moore as additional data sets. So that leaves me with the opinion that it was player talent and not player development that carried the day for Martin.

I guess that's where we disagree. Hubbs was injured last year and Reese/Armani/Lopez had better players in front of them.

VN Store

Back