UT's Big Money People Love Coach T! He stays!

SeniorDrill

UT's big money people are in love with Coach T. He will be as safe as Roy Williams. Listen to all of segment 1, 1-27-15 as the local guy takes on the media elite in defense of Donnie Tyndall. He really gets on ESPN about the trash talk about Donnie being on the hot seat. Listen to it all! Worthy of a sigh of relief and a comment!
The Tony Basilio Show

UT's big money people are in love with Coach T. He will be as safe as Roy Williams. Listen to all of segment 1, 1-27-15 as the local guy takes on the media elite in defense of Donnie Tyndall. He really gets on ESPN about the trash talk about Donnie being on the hot seat. Listen to it all! Worthy of a sigh of relief and a comment!
The Tony Basilio Show

Agree that they love him, but he won't be as safe as Roy Williams if charges are bad. He isn't Roy Williams. UT isn't regal like UNC. There should be fairness, but there isn't.

Reactions: 1 person
The sad part is,it doesn't matter who loves him.the big money people won't decide his fate when or if it comes to the NCAA.
Looks like Tn has a pretty good coach but for how long?

Reactions: 3 people
The sad part is,it doesn't matter who loves him.the big money people won't decide his fate when or if it comes to the NCAA.
Don't know how much you listened to but my take is they are exactly who determine who stays, not the AD, the donors. If he makes a bad call, his job is next. Matter of fact, they said Butch got the word on his possible oc pick. If any thing comes at all and that is highly doubtful, it wlll be minor in spite of what the instigators say.

Actually, I would hasten a guess that the big money people at UT could have a significant say in what happens to Tyndall. Never doubt the influence of money and power on the judgment of the NCAA.

But that's none of my business.:matrix:

actually, i would hasten a guess that the big money people at ut could have a significant say in what happens to tyndall. Never doubt the influence of money and power on the judgment of the ncaa.

But that's none of my business.:matrix:
exactly!

The guy can coach, if what I'm seeing this year is for real.

That drawn up play at the end of the game tonight, was a work of art. Hubbs got the game tying 3 wide open by 10feet to the nearest defender, unfortunately rimmed it out. Arkansas took the bait hard on the play.

Reactions: 4 people
Geez..doesn't it bother you people one bit that our first yr coach is nearly dead because of past cheating.. he is the hc n yes he knows what's going on even if the stupid fans refuse to accept it..

This is as bad as the bp crowd defending him for cheating n getting caught n wanting him back.

Get over it he may have been a bad hire.. n hart should fry for it.

Reactions: 2 people
Geez..doesn't it bother you people one bit that our first yr coach is nearly dead because of past cheating.. he is the hc n yes he knows what's going on even if the stupid fans refuse to accept it..

This is as bad as the bp crowd defending him for cheating n getting caught n wanting him back.

I'm in Donnie's corner. I'm out as soon as he has a tearful presser.

Reactions: 2 people

Gonna send you a CAPITALIZATION app and disagree with you...we have a great coach who is worth rooting for...we've seen the alternative...way too many times.

Reactions: 4 people
Basilio really went after Donnie being number one on ten coaches on hit list. Told Goodman to his face it was bs. Goodman said he was not really number one and Roy Williams was not on his list. Funny how the Ten Coaches on the Hot List was exposed as a hit piece on Tenn basketball. Here we have another of the conspirators.ThiThis joker was amazed when Basilio told him the big money people had Coach T's back. Said he needed to be more careful about what he said. Seems like the gun was jumped on the 10 coaches on the Hot Seat article!!!

This.

Side note: The NCAA is a joke.

If the big money players want him here the NCAA will be told where they can shove it. Hart should really watch himself here with the power players on CDT side, see what happened to Hamilton when he popped pearl.

If you follow my few post on this subject you will see that a month or so after this initially broke I posted that trouble was certainly going to follow

It was at that time that I became aware that CDT was privately attempting to drumm up support with the big boosters while admitting to them that his assistants had indeed done all they had read about but without his knowledge. Also expecting himself to receive penalties from the ncaa

I was shocked this info didn't make it's way here until now.

The story in nov/dec was that Tyndall was all but finished and I even posted its time to start up the coaching search thread.

Now with the success of the season the support for Tyndall is off the charts and there does seem to be huge support to keep him from everywhere including big donors and that seems to be the course we will take unless there is a show cause

Fwiw but I thought this was worth posting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
If Tyndall gets a show cause with a term of anything over one year, the decision to move on will be made for the university. Donor support or no. Even a one year show cause will likely be a deal breaker. You can't handcuff a program with an extended period of having an assistant lead your team.

The one-year threshold is just my opinion, but the other parts are pretty much understood to be fact in college athletics.

It is crazy I have to keep posting this stuff telling you Donnie will be fine while others with an agenda succeed in having some pulling their hair out with worry.
Anyway, one more time:
But long-term, it's also almost certainly about an NCAA report into Tyndall's past at Southern Miss that could arrive later this week (two weeks ago). The feeling from most insiders is that Tyndall's harshest punishment might be a five-game suspension, which might wreck this season but would allow his difficult rebuilding job to move forward with little damage.

Wiedmer: Vols' weaknesses may be catching up to them | Local News | Times Free Press

Last edited:
It is crazy I have to keep posting this stuff telling you Donnie will be fine while others with an agenda succeed in having some pulling their hair out with worry.
Anyway, one more time:
But long-term, it's also almost certainly about an NCAA report into Tyndall's past at Southern Miss that could arrive later this week (two weeks ago). The feeling from most insiders is that Tyndall's harshest punishment might be a five-game suspension, which might wreck this season but would allow his difficult rebuilding job to move forward with little damage.

Wiedmer: Vols' weaknesses may be catching up to them | Local News | Times Free Press

You do understand how discussions work, right? Stop getting your panties in a wad because someone posts something that doesn't parrot what you've posted 15 times now.

Discussing what possibly could happen is not "having an agenda."

VN Store

Back