here is my thing...

etsuvol13

Can I has more hot pocket
People complain about the team / certain players not showing up. See the a&m game thread for reference. If your team is slow in the zone defense, players are not showing effort, we are turning the ball over, and no one is generating shots, shouldn't adjustments be made? This is why just having one defensive set, and refusing to adjust your game plan bites you in the butt. Poor play and coaching this afternoon.

Reactions: 1 person
Virtually every team on our schedule is bigger than us in the paint, including A&M. Switching from zone to man is not going to give you any sort of schematic advantage against them.

Reactions: 14 people
People complain about the team / certain players not showing up. See the a&m game thread for reference. If your team is slow in the zone defense, players are not showing effort, we are turning the ball over, and no one is generating shots, shouldn't adjustments be made? This is why just having one defensive set, and refusing to adjust your game plan bites you in the butt. Poor play and coaching this afternoon.

No.

Reactions: 3 people
I give a full Pardon for coach and team this season and am pleased with overall results so far despite some full meltdowns in a couple games

We have a short bench and a team put together from scratch -- these guys are playing together for the first time and coming together as a team

Reactions: 15 people

The Turtle didnt cuss enough today

Virtually every team on our schedule is bigger than us in the paint, including A&M. Switching from zone to man is not going to give you any sort of schematic advantage against them.

You are wrong. Did you not watch the game today? A&M did it to us. Going to a zone through us off bad the first half. If you man up curuso it doesn't give him as many open passes to the lane.

I give a full Pardon for coach and team this season and am pleased with overall results so far despite some full meltdowns in a couple games

We have a short bench and a team put together from scratch -- these guys are playing together for the first time and coming together as a team

No pardons on this game. Adjustments should have been made.

You are wrong. Did you not watch the game today? A&M did it to us. Going to a zone through us off bad the first half. If you man up curuso it doesn't give him as many open passes to the lane.

Disagree. Without our frontcourt slumping back into the paint, it would have been lob city over our bigs' heads.

Reactions: 2 people
We are under talented, undersized and are underexperienced compared to the rest of the SEC (except Mizz). Fact, not opinion. We hustle the hardest which makes us tough to beat some days.

So these items should negate a poor ability to adjust to the flow of a game? Those facts have nothing to do with Tyndall not doing his job. Throwing out a man defense when your players aren't playing your defense AT ALL is bad game management.

OP NO, NO NO a thousand times over NO.

I am not a CDT fan. I got a little note from Freak about a post I made about him earlier in the year because of some comments I made about CDT. I do not like the black cloud that seems to have followed him here. IFhe is cleared and UT suffers no harm from it I am fine with him, but at the time we had the AJ busting in the media as well and did not need more.

But CDT IS, and I was not sure about this when he came, one HECK OF A FINE COACH. I am not going to say he wont get out coached sometimes but the man is one fine coach. If he avoids the NCAA mine field and gets some players in here, he will rival or exceed CBP. The players are playing their tails off. This is a team picked preseason to finish next to last in the SEC IIRC.

Reactions: 4 people
Disagree. Without our frontcourt slumping back into the paint, it would have been lob city over our bigs' heads.

Once again did you not watch the game today? It was a layup drill and open shot fest. WHICH THEY WERE READY FOR!!!!

Coaching did not lose us the game.. GTFO with that. Their ball movement was perfect and killed our zone D. They made their shots and we didn't. It's simple. Lack of depth doesn't help either

Once again did you not watch the game today? It was a layup drill and open shot fest. WHICH THEY WERE READY FOR!!!!

You can keep trying to belittle me if you want, but it's just common sense that you zone against teams that are bigger than you in the paint to try and negate the size advantage. They had a solid gameplan to attack the zone and executed it well. I have no problem with Tyndall sticking with his zone.

What makes you think going man would have worked so well when we weren't showing good energy on defense?

OP NO, NO NO a thousand times over NO.

I am not a CDT fan. I got a little note from Freak about a post I made about him earlier in the year because of some comments I made about CDT. I do not like the black cloud that seems to have followed him here. IFhe is cleared and UT suffers no harm from it I am fine with him, but at tīhe time we had the AJ busting in the media as well and did not need more.

But CDT IS, and I was not sure about this when he came, one HECK OF A FINE COACH. I am not going to say he wont get out coached sometimes but the man is one fine coach. If he avoids the NCAA mine field and gets some players in here, he will rival or exceed CBP. The players are playing their tails off. This is a team picked preseason to finish next to last in the SEC IIRC.

Playing hard only gets you so far. Its up to the coach to put you in good situations. HE DID NOT DO THAT TODAY.

They were picking our zone apart, they looked very well prepared for both our zone and our press. At times it looked like frustration set in and the players needed some answers that never came. On the other end, they shut Richardson down and made his life difficult. They fought hard at the end to get back in it, but this team isn't really built to come back from double digit deficits.

So, I agree OP, CDT got out coached today and the players for whatever reason didn't seem to have the energy until it was too late.

Playing hard only gets you so far. Its up to the coach to put you in good situations. HE DID NOT DO THAT TODAY.
No he did fine. It came down to execution on the offensive floor. We couldn't execute well because of TX's defence. We don't have the horses to compete when they make us shoot outside shots to win.

Been the case all year. Nothing's changed.

Does it seem like early afternoon games are routinely like this ? Do these players stay up to late or what ?

You can keep trying to belittle me if you want, but it's just common sense that you zone against teams that are bigger than you in the paint to try and negate the size advantage. They had a solid gameplan to attack the zone and executed it well. I have no problem with Tyndall sticking with his zone.

What makes you think going man would have worked so well when we weren't showing good energy on defense?

First, asking if you watched the game is not belittling. Second, man defense would have allowed for curuso to be fronted and reduce his passing area. Third, if someone executes their game plan, YOU ADJUST YOUR PLAN! You don't just say oh well they beat us.

BTW, saying your opinion is just common sense is belittling me. Might want to live by your own words...

no he did fine. It came down to execution on the offensive floor. We couldn't execute well because of tx's defence. We don't have the horses to compete when they make us shoot outside shots to win.

Been the case all year. Nothing's changed.

if you arent executing you change the game plan...

First, asking if you watched the game is not belittling. Second, man defense would have allowed for curuso to be fronted and reduce his passing area. Third, if someone executes their game plan, YOU ADJUST YOUR PLAN! You don't just say oh well they beat us.

BTW, saying your opinion is just common sense is belittling me. Might want to live by your own words...

You're assuming our defensive energy would magically get better if we went to man. We were getting outworked in a zone but wouldn't in man? We don't even know what kind of perimeter defenders we have besides Richardson. He could shut down someone. Maybe whoever else is on the floor is good at playing man and denying entry passes. Hard to say for sure. I tend to think that when our whole team looked a step slow on defense already that going man isn't going to help you out.

Reactions: 2 people
Coaching did not lose us the game.. GTFO with that. Their ball movement was perfect and killed our zone D. They made their shots and we didn't. It's simple. Lack of depth doesn't help either

OK so if the zone is getting picked apart we should just chalk it up as a loss? GTFO with that. It is simple, if you are sucking you try to change it. You just don't take it up the butt and say well they are just better. That is a very participation award mentality you have there...

VN Store

Back