The Official Tennessee vs. Texas A&M Game Thread, 1:00pm ET, FSN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 12-5 (4-1 SEC)

josh-richardson-demetrius-henry-duane-notice-ncaa-basketball-tennessee-south-carolina.jpg

vs.

Texas A&M Aggies: 12-5 (3-2 SEC)

Missouri%20Texas%20A%20M%20Ba_Schu(2).jpg

1:00 PM ET, January 24, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -4
O/U:

TV: Fox Sports Net
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: N/A
Online: WatchESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee's strength-of-schedule ranks 14th nationally according to ESPN's BPI. Tennessee's official NCAA RPI is 40th, as of Thursday.

Armani Moore is the reigning SEC Player of the Week.

A win Saturday over Texas A&M would give Tennessee its best start through six SEC games since it went 5-1 in 2008 and won the league title, finishing 14-2.

The Vols are 8-0 this season when 1,000-point scorer Josh Richardson makes multiple 3-pointers.

Over the last three seasons (dating to start of 2012-13), Donnie Tyndall's teams are 35-2 in regular-season home games (27-1 at Southern Miss; 8-1 at Tennessee).

Over the past three seasons, Donnie Tyndall's teams own a .784 winning percentage in regular-season league games (29-8).

Overall: Tennessee leads, 5-3

In Knoxville: UT leads, 3-1

In College Station: Texas A&M leads, 2-1

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 1-0

Current Streak: Texas A&M has won two

Last Meeting: Texas A&M won in OT, 68-65, in College Station 2/22/14

Tyndall vs. Kennedy: Kennedy leads, 8-3

Reactions: 1 person
Give Tennessee its best start through six SEC games since it went 5-1 in 2008 and won the league title, finishing 14-2.

Extend UT’s current win streak to four games (it’s first fourgame win streak in SEC play since the final four games of regular-season league play last year).

Give Donnie Tyndall his 100th regular-season conference win as a head coach.

Kennedy can coach but I don't know that the 8-3 record makes me nervous. I would have to pull up all the games. I am guessing that mostly happened within the KY border and were close ones. This team continues to fight and claw and make plays. I know this will be a tough one but it is hard not to have a lot of confidence in our guys to win this one. The anticipation in the 1/2 ct zone is impressive when the right unit is on the floor. Stay positive, stay orange...GBO!

in the pic of Josh Richardson YV posted above it sure doesnt look like he is wearing Adidas shoes

Game day! Be huge to get this win as we play at arky on Tuesday so that will be a very tough game! So we need to get the win today! Go Vols!!!

House for A&M worries me. He is a scorer Can get his own shot. Anyways, Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back