'15 JUCO G Malique Trent

B-sideVol18

6'2" RS Freshman Guard at New Mexico JC. We offered. Originally from Portsmouth, Va and signed with Norfolk State out of high school. We offered. Also holds offers from Creighton, Hofstra, and North Carolina Central. Averaging 14.7 points/game and shooting 40.2% from 3-point territory.

Yeah, stats seem more like those of a true 2 guard.

He was also listed as a 2 guard coming out of high school, with the way we saw Tyndall pursue Allen who is thought of more as a 2 maybe that's the type of PG he prefers, Josh is a 3 playing the 1 and has done very well in a short time period to learn it..having a PG who can shoot from deep and drive is a big time threat.

I noted in another thread, but this guy is a teammate of JUCO forward Kimani Jackson that we offered just the other day, both guys are apparently RS freshman so they would come in with 3 years left to play, has to be something that appeals to DT.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like someone who know how to handle the peel even tho we are looking at a few of his teammates I'm pretTy sure his stats look better then what they say. he a makes the third on the team we could be looking at.

Not a shot at you but,it really irritates me when a player is judged on their offer list. It's not really a big deal

In most cases, it is the most accurate method for judgement. Of course, no method is infallible, but offer lists are the most accurate indicator.

Reactions: 2 people
Not a shot at you but,it really irritates me when a player is judged on their offer list. It's not really a big deal

If you want to win conference titles and advance far into the tourney, you have to recruit with the big boys.

In most cases, it is the most accurate method for judgement. Of course, no method is infallible, but offer lists are the most accurate indicator.

+1

Tho I believe its not as good a I indicator as football. There are a lot of guys that fit the physical form of a college basketball player. And despite AAU and other avenues for more bball I don't think fundamentals are instituted enough so a lower rated guy could excel easier under the right coaching and system in bball. Jmo

Last edited:
Three words:lillard webber st

And how common are the guys like Damien Lilliard? Pff, what a ****ty point and you know it. For every Damien there is a Daniel Orton. Most of the time being highly ranked is a sign you're a good player. I wouldn't bank on every guy being like Damien. And you need to stop pretending they all are great.

And how common are the guys like Damien Lilliard? Pff, what a ****ty point and you know it. For every Damien there is a Daniel Orton. Most of the time being highly ranked is a sign you're a good player. I wouldn't bank on every guy being like Damien. And you need to stop pretending they all are great.
Im saying offers don't tell you nothing about a kids work ethic and potential

I agree with that but a lot of times offer lists on those sites aren't accurate and updated regularly.

Im saying offers don't tell you nothing about a kids work ethic and potential

I'd much rather go by the ranking and videos than a gut feeling. If it's a coach like CDT evaluating then I trust him more to see something an analyst/evaluator sees in a short period of time. But as a fan, one of the better ways is simply by offers/ranking.

I'd much rather go by the ranking and videos than a gut feeling. If it's a coach like CDT evaluating then I trust him more to see something an analyst/evaluator sees in a short period of time. But as a fan, one of the better ways is simply by offers/ranking.

This is kinda my view on it

@NatrellCurtis: Just because you have offers and stars that doesn't mean you done nothing yet well at least for me #SomethingToProve

This is kinda my view on it

@NatrellCurtis: Just because you have offers and stars that doesn't mean you done nothing yet well at least for me #SomethingToProve

Offers/Ratings mean something. Very rarely are highly ranked guys extremely lazy/non-motivated guys. Yes, are some highly ranked players lazy? Sure. And I agree lower ranked players might be higher motivated and have a chip on the shoulder. That all being said, a high ranked player is ranked high for a reason. That tweet is from a football player, and he is probably saying that because he feels he's underrated or knows someone else he feels is overrated.

Offers/Ratings mean something. Very rarely are highly ranked guys extremely lazy/non-motivated guys. Yes, are some highly ranked players lazy? Sure. And I agree lower ranked players might be higher motivated and have a chip on the shoulder. That all being said, a high ranked player is ranked high for a reason. That tweet is from a football player, and he is probably saying that because he feels he's underrated or knows someone else he feels is overrated.

I have a tweet from a coach here,which I also like
@Coach_Gattis: The # of offers you have mean nothing You can only choose 1 that's what matters. Offers don't make you better your work ethic does #RealTalk

I have a tweet from a coach here,which I also like
@Coach_Gattis: The # of offers you have mean nothing You can only choose 1 that's what matters. Offers don't make you better your work ethic does #RealTalk

I agree that Talent + Motivation > Talent

Do you think it's strange teams like UK in basketball and Bama in football pull in the best recruits and are usually the best in the nation? Most of the guys the best teams get are high ranked players. Some of them are guys coaches view as underrated and worth taking onto the team. It's silly to say offers mean nothing. Coaches wouldn't offer the highest ranked players if they thought they had no work ethic and were lazy. But I agree they do see underrated players who work hard and give them a chance when they think it could benefit the team.

I agree that Talent + Motivation > Talent

Do you think it's strange teams like UK in basketball and Bama in football pull in the best recruits and are usually the best in the nation? Most of the guys the best teams get are high ranked players. Some of them are guys coaches view as underrated and worth taking onto the team. It's silly to say offers mean nothing. Coaches wouldn't offer the highest ranked players if they thought they had no work ethic and were lazy. But I agree they do see underrated players who work hard and give them a chance when they think it could benefit the team.

Oh certainly I'm not saying you should just 100% overlook offers,just don't flip out if you see a guy that lets say comes to Tennessee but his other offers were eku and mtsu

Oh certainly I'm not saying you should just 100% overlook offers,just don't flip out if you see a guy that lets say comes to Tennessee but his other offers were eku and mtsu

If it's a trend then I would worry a bit. Not every guy with those offers is a gem.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back