Southern Miss Self Imposes Ban

VFL10

Will not partake in any post season tournaments. What does this mean for Donnie?

Window dressing. Sou Miss is 0-5 in conference and 5-11 overall. Yeah like post season is a sacrifice. Also tells us zero about Donnie.

Reactions: 7 people
I think it means they're stupid.
If we learned anything from the Ga - FSU autograph scandal, it is this.
The NCAA is even more useless in taking intiative than ever before.
But if you are dumb enough to self impose a penalty, they will gladly tell you it wasn't harsh enough.
They should have gone the NC route.... There seems to be no recourse for being caught and simply going "aw shucks".

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Basilio says that two so miss players were living with high school coaches and that they asked so miss if they could pay for their first year until they got on scholarship. So miss compliance dept cleared it. Says that those issues won't follow Tyndal to Tennessee.

Reactions: 9 people
Basilio says that two so miss players were living with high school coaches and that they asked so miss if they could pay for their first year until they got on scholarship. So miss compliance dept cleared it. Says that those issues won't follow Tyndal to Tennessee.

Thanks for relaying that. :salute: During halftime highlights, the ESPN broadcaster got a judgemental look on his face announcing the SouMiss story. I know those yahoos don't know any more than we do, but you always wonder if they've heard something.

Reactions: 2 people
It was reported on WBIR I think, at 11, that the issues are going to be with Tyndall's assistants at Southern Miss and nothing directly tied to DT.

Reactions: 3 people

Basilio was talking about it and ripping Seth Davis right at the start of the 1/20/2015 Basketball Overtime. It hasn't been added to the archives yet, but probably will be soon. I'm sure it will be discussed extensively during the 11am program today. Doc, Jeff, and Heather probably pass on it for KY and the Lady Vols instead.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah, but, he also said it is the NCAA so don't take anything for granted. We haven't seen the final move yet. We'll see.

GO VOLS!

I really like the sound of that.

As I posted elsewhere...

All I can say is that the UT admin had better stand behind this coach come hell or high water. If they think they can find this good a coach, this good a recruiter, and this perfect a fit for our program again if they let DT go, they're beyond hope. We fell on the sword and lost Bruce who now works for a conference opponent. Enough already. UT has suffered long enough. Fans love this coach. Fans want this coach. Same for the players. DO NOT start over because some former assistant and NCAA hack have an axe to grind. Screw them. Btw, if basilio is correct in his information about what happened at USM, there's no way I part with DT. this entire situation absolutely pales in comparison to UNC. So where's that story? Where's that investigation? Hypocrits. The entire bunch. Screw them.

Reactions: 7 people
As most of you know, I have said from Day 1 that this was going nowhere as far as Coach T was concerned. This is his quote when asked about it in the post game presser:
"Yeah, all I can say of that is that I've cooperated 100% and if I need to I'll continue to do that and that's all I can say on that matter."

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back