Coach Tyndall media session

My favorite parts are when he mentions that every guy on the team quit the team at least 3 times during conditioning,and he also states they do a ladder style of conditioning which is complete hell

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3BW6Y3NFhK8

I liked his elaboration after he said Derrick Reese played his best game of the season. It was another example of coaching up. He said when he got there Derrick wanted to play 22 feet out and be pretty. He didn't want to drive the ball and he didn't want to rebound. When he realized he wasn't gonna play for me if he didn't do those things, he changed his attitude. Now he is playing with a lot more confidence in his game. Danged if he ain't turning the whole team into pit bulls just like him!

Reactions: 2 people
I liked his elaboration after he said Derrick Reese played his best game of the season. It was another example of coaching up. He said when he got there Derrick wanted to play 22 feet out and be pretty. He didn't want to drive the ball and he didn't want to rebound. When he realized he wasn't gonna play for me if he didn't do those things, he changed his attitude. Now he is playing with a lot more confidence in his game. Danged if he ain't turning the whole team into pit bulls just like him!

Attachments

• IMG_20150120_075746.jpg
    IMG_20150120_075746.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3

Reese thought he was the next Swiperboy and thought he could just stand outside the 3 point line all game. Reese has been one of the most improved players this year. He is proof that CDT can develop players to fit his system.

Reactions: 1 person
Reese thought he was the next Swiperboy and thought he could just stand outside the 3 point line all game. Reese has been one of the most improved players this year. He is proof that CDT can develop players to fit his system.

Yeah and the first few games he was a turnover waiting to happen but he's slowing learning how to handle the ball as a post player and I think he's athletic enough to develop into a solid 4 player....rebounding as we all know is about effort (and a little positioning and leaping abilities thrown in) so I think he can continue to learn the finer points of rebounding (cause CDT ain't gonna let him player without the effort) and progress very nicely...

He said this team is winning because they play as a team. He also said if that stops the wins will stop immediately. They are only playing 7 guys with serious playing time so any injury will major. I am enjoying watching the results of Donnie's labor.

So suppose we get in the bubble talk in January and Jabari McGhee becomes available does CDT play him? Or do you think he follows through on trying to get the medical red shirt for him. To me he was the most frustrating player for our opponents outside Armani & Josh. I feel if that tourney talk becomes realistic. We need him.

So suppose we get in the bubble talk in January and Jabari McGhee becomes available does CDT play him? Or do you think he follows through on trying to get the medical red shirt for him. To me he was the most frustrating player for our opponents outside Armani & Josh. I feel if that tourney talk becomes realistic. We need him.

I think if they have put themselves in that position without him, they should redshirt him. Unless we have more injuries to our front court. jmo

Reactions: 1 person

You either buy into Tyndall's total plan and play his way or go home. You don't even get to ride the pine for long. That's why you know who is gone!

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back