Tourney hopes

cwbytruckers

Joe Lunardi updated bracketolegy was released today. I was kind of hoping to see Tennessee at an 11 or 12 seed at least. But no where to be found. But looking at projections. Tennessee is 5-2 against the projected field. Unless I missed one. I know its going to be a long season. A lot can happen. But I got to say I'm one that is really starting to believe this team can play with anyone.

Reactions: 1 person
Joe Lunardi updated bracketolegy was released today. I was kind of hoping to see Tennessee at an 11 or 12 seed at least. But no where to be found. But looking at projections. Tennessee is 5-2 against the projected field. Unless I missed one. I know its going to be a long season. A lot can happen. But I got to say I'm one that is really starting to believe this team can play with anyone.

5-2 against projected tourney teams is pretty good. If we avoid terrible losses we have a good chance of sneaking in. We would be a dangerous 12 seed.

At this point its kind of like the chicken before the egg thing. But what I don't understand is how he could have Tennessee in the second group of next four out. With wins over two projected 6 seeds. No bad losses. Maybe Marquette at this point. The rest of the way will more than likely put and end to thus conversation. I'm hoping for a good finish. But NIT with this group at preseason seemed like a stretch.

Lunardi doesn't watch TN. It was evident when he picked Iowa to upset TN last year in the tournament. He didn't even have TN picked at all.

TWIFWIW, but Lunardi's bracket was way off from the actual bracket last year. I used to be a fan of his.

Long way to go. Wins will ensure we're in the field. The last thing this team needs is to start feeling that pressure now. Keep your head down and win some games.

At this point its kind of like the chicken before the egg thing. But what I don't understand is how he could have Tennessee in the second group of next four out. With wins over two projected 6 seeds. No bad losses. Maybe Marquette at this point. The rest of the way will more than likely put and end to thus conversation. I'm hoping for a good finish. But NIT with this group at preseason seemed like a stretch.

I was not one of the posters predicting a "middle of the pack" finish preseason, but it certainly looks like that is a strong possibility at this point. With that in mind, I think we at least have an NIT bid locked up barring a major catastrophe. I have to admit I underestimated this team's potential. By all means, an NCAA berth is absolutely reasonably possible AT THIS POINT.

IMO, keep in mind that the later half of the SEC schedule is considerably tougher than the first. Like I always say, let's see what happens. This season has definitely been more interesting than I expected - in a good way.

I was not one of the posters predicting a "middle of the pack" finish preseason, but it certainly looks like that is a strong possibility at this point. With that in mind, I think we at least have an NIT bid locked up barring a major catastrophe. I have to admit I underestimated this team's potential. By all means, an NCAA berth is absolutely reasonably possible AT THIS POINT.

IMO, keep in mind that the later half of the SEC schedule is considerably tougher than the first. Like I always say, let's see what happens. This season has definitely been more interesting than I expected - in a good way.

Yes it will be hard to make the tourney with a much harder second half of the season.

It's possible. Still unlikely though

Its very possible this team can make it, all we need to do is avoid the "Bad losses" and get to at least 20 wins and I think we will be fine.

be nice to see Vols in tourney they have already exceeded almost every ones expectations ,but i would like to see them at 19 or 20 wins before talking seeds and stuff because they could loose 16 out of next 18 or 20

Not if we keep losing players!:lolabove::cray:

By the way, anyone know the status of McGee? Is it absolutely without a doubt that he is not returning this year?

He is not out for the season. He is projected to come back later in the year, but then the question is should we redshirt him or let him play? Its all a matter of where this team is when he comes back.

Lunardi doesn't watch TN. It was evident when he picked Iowa to upset TN last year in the tournament. He didn't even have TN picked at all.

TWIFWIW, but Lunardi's bracket was way off from the actual bracket last year. I used to be a fan of his.

I don't know why you keep saying this, there's a lot of false info.

Until SEC Tournament Play because the season is a marathon but as long as the team limits turnovers and stays even on the glass, they can play with anybody in the country.

My concern is if we get say 18 or 19 wins and have a respectable RPI the NCAA will hold a grudge because of the investigation...they are a vindictive outfit.

My concern is if we get say 18 or 19 wins and have a respectable RPI the NCAA will hold a grudge because of the investigation...they are a vindictive outfit.

Good thing the NCAA governing body has nothing to do with the selection process then.

VN Store

Back