If Tyndall gets this team to the NCAA Tourney

Daloth

And this is a huge if... but as of right now its probably looking more likely than it isn't.

But if he gets this team into the tourney, is he not coach of the year? Who's done a better coaching job than him, realistically, at this point of the season?

Bit of homerism, but I honestly can't think of someone who's done a job like this in a very long time.

Reactions: 20 people
If Kentucky goes undefeated come tourny time.. Thats the only coach I could see competing for Coach of the Year. Recruiting those guys and making freshmen gel is no easy task.

But yeah I think DT would get it if (and when) Cal loses :)

If Kentucky goes undefeated come tourny time.. Thats the only coach I could see competing for Coach of the Year. Recruiting those guys and making freshmen gel is no easy task.

Kentucky going undefeated would not be much of a surprise, however Tennessee making the tournament would

Reactions: 9 people
They have done better than I expected. 3 SEC wins (2 on the road) for DT this early is fantastic. They have no strength and many weaknesses but continue to win.

And this is a huge if... but as of right now its probably looking more likely than it isn't.

But if he gets this team into the tourney, is he not coach of the year? Who's done a better coaching job than him, realistically, at this point of the season?

Bit of homerism, but I honestly can't think of someone who's done a job like this in a very long time.

There is still a lot of basketball left to play!

But, the Vols are off to a great start!

It's very encouraging based on what UT lost last season!

Reactions: 1 person
If Kentucky goes undefeated come tourny time.. Thats the only coach I could see competing for Coach of the Year. Recruiting those guys and making freshmen gel is no easy task. But yeah I think DT would get it if (and when) Cal loses :)
One month from today, I would not want to be bringing an undefeated team to Thompson Boling Arena with the rafters filled with fans!

Mike Brey would be mine, right now. Getting more from less is a better coaching job than getting studs to gel. Jmo

Bruce Pearl at Aubur....oh wait :dance2:

If he gets this team to the tourney it will be a small miracle.

They've alreay exceeded my expectations. I'm very proud of this group of guys.

I hope they can keep it rolling but everyone needs to temper expectations and take things one game at a time.

Reactions: 7 people
Simple tonight. Free Throws and about damn time!

If Cal recruited and Donnie coached them, would that team ever lose?
I made the statement on Friday, at work, about DT and COY. I think when the big UK fan thought about it, they quietly agreed, not that they would ever admit it.

If you ain't a homer on here you ain't a Vol fan! :hi:

Need to finish 9-5 to put us at 20 wins. With how tough our schedule was I think 20 might get us in. Still an if but potentially could.

We have Auburn, Miss St, Texas A&M, Kentucky, LSU, Vandy, and USCjr at Home. We need to go 6-1 here. Home court advantage we need to take advantage of that. Now the hardest thing to do in any Confrence in basketball is to win on the road.

We have two wins over the bottom of the SEC teams. Our final road games are USCjr, Arky, Georgia, Vandy, Ole Miss, LSU, Florida. So if we do go 6-1 at home we need to get wins at these locations. I think Georgia, USCjr, Vandy and Ole Miss are all feasible road wins. Come on donnie let's prove everyone wrong and make it to the big dance!

Question? Which would be better? NCAA and losing after 1 or 2 games or being NIT champions. For those who don't know, the NCAA tournament is the first 68 teams. The NIT is the next 32.
Analogy - Think about how happy VolNation was with the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl victory!

Last edited:
Question? Which would be better? NCAA and losing after 1 or 2 games or being NIT champions. For those who don't know, the NCAA tournament is the first 68 teams. The NIT is the next 32.
Analogy - Think about how happy VolNation was with the Taxslayer (Gator) Bowl victory!

NCAAT. Nobody gives a **** about the NIT

Reactions: 13 people

If I understand you, what you are asking is this: Is it better to be the 68th best team or the 69th (assuming that the 68 best teams get in to the tourney, and the next 32 are the 32 next best teams)? To use your own analogy, isn't it better to be in the final four in football, and lose your first game, than to be guaranteed a non-playoff bowl win?

Regardless of that, I would take a tournament bid over an NIT championship any day of the week.

Reactions: 5 people

Yeah, but it's still easier to win with that much talent, even if it is young...at least, easier than what we have

You cant help yourself can you ? You posts something good and then you follow it up with something as crazy as this. Nobody cares about the NIT= Not Interesting Tournament. Of course you the NCAA even if its only for 1 or 2 games. Your only guaranteed 1 game in either tourney.

Not sure 20 automatically gets us in.

The NCAA selection members are creatures of habit. The fact we made the Sweet 16 last year gives us an edge...we are a "legacy" of sorts...it is one of the perks we will receive from last year's success. Remember Bruce got in his last year at UT with a 17-13 and was a #9 seed...his past success and an Elite 8 the year before pretty much sealed it for us. He made us a member of the "club" and in his own way so did Martin. 20 wins we are a shoe in...if we beat UK I think we sneak in as maybe a play in team or a 13th seed with 18. Just my opinion...you guys are free to disagree.

But yeah I think DT would get it if (and when) Cal loses :)[/QUOT

come on man, uk has a good nba team right now, roll the ball out and watch, and a much smaller task than what CDT is doing

VN Store

Back