Coach T warns against early NCAA projections!

SeniorDrill

Reactions: 1 person
If he somehow takes this band of misfits to the tournament, he should get coach of the year

Reactions: 11 people
If is the big questions.

Josh Richardson keeps averaging 16 ppg.

Kevin Punter could stay consistent and get 12 ppg.

Armani Moore keeps playing above himself.

Robert Hubbs III could average 14 ppg the rest of the way.

And if Baulkman could somehow average 10 to 12 ppg.

Then I believe this team could make the tournament. I have never been a Reese fan. He is a turnover waiting to happen. Then he pulls shots and plays out of his arse that make you say damn. How did he do that. If he could cut down the turnovers and get to an average of 10 ppg 8 rbpg. Then I think 20 wins is very obtainable.

He's right. It means nothing right now.
Just something for fans to dream about, talk about and hope for.
If this team starts to play on the road like they did Tuesday night though, look out.

I like this team, and I like the fact that they're having to address this "problem". Hopefully, confidence breeds focus with this group. They have the potential to play with anyone, and when the defensive intensity's there they're really fun to watch. Steal a road win here an there, get to 20 wins, and they'll be in the discussion. We didn't expect it anyway, so enjoy the ride.

We never know what we're going to get with this team but so far they've overachieved big time. Remember Tyndall lost ALL of the recruits Bonzo had & had to start over....in April! He is a great coach. Let's go & support them. Monday was fun!!!

This team will go as far as the health of the players. We have no depth. We have an unusual enough combo of athleticism, skill and heart that we have the capability to be in any game we play. We just have to stay healthy. Bad games will come with this squad but so will unexplainable and phenomenal games.

Then I believe this team could make the tournament. I have never been a Reese fan. He is a turnover waiting to happen. Then he pulls shots and plays out of his arse that make you say damn. How did he do that. If he could cut down the turnovers and get to an average of 10 ppg 8 rbpg. Then I think 20 wins is very obtainable.
Reese only averages .9 TOs a game.. We probably wouldn't have beat Arkansas without his defense on Porter.

But OT, Missouri and SC will both be tough to win at. Both will scrap and fight till the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Reese only averages .9 TOs a game.. We probably wouldn't have beat Arkansas without his defense on Porter.

Reese has really stepped up this year. He's one of our best rebounders now that Jabari is hurt.

But OT, Missouri and SC will both be tough to win at. Both will scrap and fight till the end.
Don't think many teams will be playing man against us either.

Several will......there are a lot of teams that don't feel comfortable in a zone or play it poorly like Miss State did.
The other thing is that none of the other SEC teams will feel comfortable playing against the Tyndall D. It's like a jigsaw puzzle to them! If we have offense, the defense is always there!

Really don't think defense was a problem against Bamer. Held them 14 points under their average.

I was worried about Bama bc they look much better than the past few yrs......hopefully not many teams we play will play def like Bama

I was worried about Bama bc they look much better than the past few yrs......hopefully not many teams we play will play def like Bama
You think Anderson at MZ will use that game as his model. Not sure how much zone he plays.

I agree bama looks better this yr. Also, it feels like they have our # in bball recently. I may be completely wrong and the record wouldn't reflect that but it feels that way to me.

I agree bama looks better this yr. Also, it feels like they have our # in bball recently. I may be completely wrong and the record wouldn't reflect that but it feels that way to me.

Yeah Bama leaves a bad taste in my mouth since Zo's first yr when we had went on a little run and played Bama on the road...I was buying a new car and it took forever for them to get it ready and had to watch that game in the lobby....it was a miserable two hours.

You think Anderson at MZ will use that game as his model. Not sure how much zone he plays.

I honestly haven't watched but about five minutes of mizzou this yr but judging by most of the scores of their games defense does not seem to be a strength of theirs. I would guess that it might be similar to MSU trying the zone on us....no where near the same level....this game is a must win if we want to reach our goals though.

VN Store

Back