Request from Freak

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Guys, it's time to put some of the bickering and nonsense in this forum behind us. I feel like I'm stuck in the movie Groundhog Day, reading threads turn into the same pointless discussions over and over.

The basketball forum is a place for Tennessee fans to come hang out with like-minded people to discuss the team in a friendly and civil way. Think of it as discussing your favorite team with a group of friends. We may not always agree, but there's no reason to continually attack/mock others who may have a different viewpoint. We're all on the same side, after all.

Donnie has his boys playing well and there's a lot to be excited about and tons to discuss and dissect. We just knocked off the #19 ranked team for crying out loud. Let's all take a deep breath and kick back and enjoy the ride and discuss Tennessee basketball, instead of constantly poking at each other.

I know some of you won't admit to using the report button, but as a favor to me, if you see people who aren't following along with the above, hit the report button and bring it to my attention.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all of you who regularly post here, and I look forward to hanging out and discussing the Vols with you guys for the rest of the season. We have some great basketball minds here and I love reading what you guys post.

Those of you who only lurk, come on in and post. The water's getting warmer.

Go Vols!
:hi:

Reactions: 103 people
I'm in. New year, new approach. Love this coach and love this team. I keep saying I love the coach and football team, also and both coaches are igniting the fan base. I will strive to keep the discussion team related. That's all I can do. I hope others will do the same. The team needs this forum also. It's really nice to have families of the players add their input. This could be really good for us and for Tennessee. Thanks, Freak!

Reactions: 2 people
Theres at least one poster everyone should just have on ignore... :) Thanks Freak for this. It was getting out of hand.

Reactions: 2 people
Freak, you need to issue an ultimatum. Absolutely no discussion of Bruce Pearl and Cuonzo Martin. Take that to the NCAA forum. If you bring those names up here, then you're banned.

I say this knowing I'm guilty of it to.

Reactions: 4 people
Theres at least one poster everyone should just have on ignore... :) Thanks Freak for this. It was getting out of hand.

I'm not pointing any fingers. I'm speaking to all of us. :)

Freak, you need to issue an ultimatum. Absolutely no discussion of Bruce Pearl and Cuonzo Martin. Take that to the NCAA forum. If you bring those names up here, then you're banned.

...and NO MORE TWSS!

jk 30

Reactions: 1 person

Excellent idea!

Thanks Freak for staying on top of things! :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
Freak, thanks for trying to get this calmed down. Unfortunately, the same problem exists in multiple places on Volnation and every other sports chat room. In fact, you can go to almost any internet site that allows comments and see people attacking each other. It is a sad reflection on the world we live in today.

Having said that, Volnation is the best!

Im one of those that never much followed basketball until the BP years, and was about lost again during the CM years...c'mon Im a middle aged 5'8" white guy...never played basketball, and only watched when it was down to basketball or Lifetime Movie of the Week...but I will say the excitement and success of several years ago hooked me enough to keep me interested and I really like watching this team play.

VN Store

Back