Why would anyone question recruiting ability?

SeniorDrill

You know it really seems quite annoying when some folks come up and say, well, how do we know this guy can recruit SEC level talent? Duh? This team was recruited in a month after National Signing Day, April 15, 2014 was over. He's got a team that could well have the best talent in the conference after they develop. They are the first bricks of his goal of a national championship. I'd say you better wait 'til April this year for those comments and even then you have no idea what this coach will do with the talent he recruits for his system! Heck, there is not a person on this team that those annoying folks would consider SEC talent yet they would have blown one of the top teams in the SEC out of the gym had they made a few more free throws. That's a #19 and a #15 win on their record that they were not given a snowball's chance against. After they fell flat in the second half against Alabama after taking the lead, Coach T in 3 days produced the result you saw against Arkansas! Now, that's coaching! With the resources the University of Tennessee gives him to recruit, look out Kentucky and Florida!!! As Donnie likes to say, "Other teams are gonna say, "Here comes Donnie and his boys, we had better lace them up tight!" He proved that last night!

Reactions: 10 people
You know it really seems quite annoying when some folks come up and say, well, how do we know this guy can recruit SEC level talent? Duh? This team was recruited in a month after National Signing Day, April 15, 2014 was over. He's got a team that could well have the best talent in the conference after they develop. They are the first bricks of his goal of a national championship. I'd say you better wait 'til April this year for those comments and even then you have no idea what this coach will do with the talent he recruits for his system! Heck, there is not a person on this team that those annoying folks would consider SEC talent yet they would have blown one of the top teams in the SEC out of the gym had they made a few more free throws. That's a #19 and a #15 win on their record that they were not given a snowball's chance against. After they fell flat in the second half against Alabama after taking the lead, Coach T in 3 days produced the result you saw against Arkansas! Now, that's coaching! With the resources the University of Tennessee gives him to recruit, look out Kentucky and Florida!!! As Donnie likes to say, "Other teams are gonna say, "Here comes Donnie and his boys, we had better lace them up tight!" He proved that last night!
You're so predictable SD.
You tip toe around before every game, building up the oppositions reputation (Gol even Miss St).
Before this one you were telling us how good they were and implied we couldn't stop their big man.
Now all of a sudden it's your high and mighty attitude like you knew it all the time.
Give us a break.
At least give us a prediction on Saturday's game so if we win you'll have something to gloat about.
Incidently, my prediction for this game was that if the Roadie Crew showed up it would be a 5 point game that could swing either way.

Reactions: 5 people
Predictable again ole bud.
Someone calls you out and you throw out the Likes card.
Can't get it thru that thick skull that most had the majority of their posts logged before the thumbs up button was turned back on.
Calling you out again.
Realtimerpi predicted TN to beat Arky by 3.
They predict a 5 point loss at MZ on Saturday.
What say you, ole soldier?
What say you about Donnie Tyndall's recruiting ability or does it matter?

What say you about Donnie Tyndall's recruiting ability or does it matter?
I'll answer yours, you answer mine.
With a few more upsets like last night and the NCAA cloud disappears, Donnie will fill the coffers with SEC talent.
i have no problems with his present recruiting.

I'll answer yours, you answer mine.
With a few more upsets like last night and the NCAA cloud disappears, Donnie will fill the coffers with SEC talent.
i have no problems with his present recruiting.
Geez, pin me down! LOL Let's do an analogy. Mizzou is coming off the same kind of game against Kentucky that Tennessee had against Alabama. They are 7-9. It is an SEC road game. We have a young, inexperienced squad going into their 2nd SEC away atmosphere. To me, that game is a toss up. Would you care to make a prediction? Didn't think so!

Geez, pin me down! LOL Let's do an analogy. Mizzou is coming off the same kind of game against Kentucky that Tennessee had against Alabama. They are 7-9. It is an SEC road game. We have a young, inexperienced squad going into their 2nd SEC away atmosphere. To me, that game is a toss up. Would you care to make a prediction? Didn't think so!
I agree it's a toss up.
A little emotional let down and Anderson will surely use the Bama game as a model to beat us.
I think we'll come from behind and win it in a very close game. 1 to 3 points
Kudos for proving me wrong ole timer.

Mizzou got beat by 49. We were down 38-36 with 8:41 to go. I don't think that Mizzou team would have made much of a game if they played lights out. I hate to think what KY will do to us.

Mizzou got beat by 49. We were down 38-36 with 8:41 to go. I don't think that Mizzou team would have made much of a game if they played lights out. I hate to think what KY will do to us.
That's what Butler and Arkansas said. We've won 4 of the last 7 against Kentucky in Thompson Boling. Actually have tickets for that one. By the middle of February the team should be gelled pretty good. Heck, might as well call it. Barring an unforeseen injury that we can't afford, we pull the upset and get a leg up on an NCAA tourney bid. High stakes, huh! :good!:
PS You think there's any way Donnie's gonna lose in that orange blazer??

We have 2 top 50 recruits on the roster and a third player who is projected to be picked in the upcoming NBA draft, wtf are you talking about?

I started to post that too, but decided it wasn't worth it. Armani Moore is an SEC player too.

Just some SD sensationalism at its finest.

He hasn't proven he can recruit at the level we need yet. He hasn't had time to prove it either really. After the NCAA mess is handled we can see how he will do.

I agree it's a toss up.
A little emotional let down and Anderson will surely use the Bama game as a model to beat us.
I think we'll come from behind and win it in a very close game. 1 to 3 points
Kudos for proving me wrong ole timer.
Well, it appears we are on the same page on this one. I like most did not think they could bounce back from the Alabama game the way they did. This coach continues to amaze. As for the recruiting, he has Ole Miss's top recruiter on his staff in addition to his own recruiting ability and that of his remaining staff. We'll be fine there!

Referring to the 8 Donnie recruited. We are discussing Donnie, not Cuonzo! That's what I'm talking about.

Mostella? Not to mention, he basically had to re-recruit Hubbs. And like it or not, JRich, Moore, Reese, and Hubbs are his players now, not Cuonzo's.

Reactions: 1 person
We're talking Donnie Tyndall recruiting? What's your opinion? Can he recruit or not?

Absolutely...recruits have this weird proclivity towards coaches who can coach them up. :thumbsup:

Mostella? Not to mention, he basically had to re-recruit Hubbs. And like it or not, JRich, Moore, Reese, and Hubbs are his players now, not Cuonzo's.
Stretching a wee bit. Mostella signed with Oklahoma State in 2012, then signed with Pittsburg as a member of the class of 2013, before attending prep school and reclassifying to the class of 2014. He was a 4 star when Donnie Tyndall signed him. At what point was he Top 50??? By the way, what do you think about Donnie's recruiting ability especially since he was smart enough to get Ole Miss's top recruiter on his staff?

Last edited:
Stretching a wee bit. Mostella signed with Oklahoma State in 2012, then signed with Pittsburg as a member of the class of 2013, before attending prep school and reclassifying to the class of 2014. He was a 4 star when Donnie Tyndall signed him. At what point was he Top 50???

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back