Is Donnie better than Bruce?

scvolfan7

Crazy I know but I am extremely impressed with this guy. He is working with very little talent and is winning big games. Bruce had a lot of talent his first year if I remember correctly so I pose this question: Is Donnie a better basketball coach than Pearl? Pearl is struggling with lesser talent at Auburn right now and donnie isn't excelling but man is he doing a damn good job. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this.

Reactions: 13 people
Crazy I know but I am extremely impressed with this guy. He is working with very little talent and is winning big games. Bruce had a lot of talent his first year if I remember correctly so I pose this question: Is Donnie a better basketball coach than Pearl? Pearl is struggling with lesser talent at Auburn right now and donnie isn't excelling but man is he doing a damn good job. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this.

You don't know what you've started here.

:popcorn:

Reactions: 3 people
The jury is still out. Donnie can coach and make in game adjustments. Pearl lacked some X and O coaching, but was a good recruiter, salesman and motivator. It appears that Donnie has some of Pearl's traits.

Reactions: 3 people
So far he looks pretty good so far, however a lot will depend on his ability to recruit some big time 4-5 star talent to UT the way that Pearl did.

Reactions: 1 person
The jury is still out. Donnie can coach and make in game adjustments. Pearl lacked some X and O coaching, but was a good recruiter, salesman and motivator. It appears that Donnie has some of Pearl's traits.

Pearl was not that great a recruiter. He was one hell of a motivator and salesman (selling the program)

I think Tyndall is the better "coach" in a traditional sense.

Reactions: 5 people

Really guy?

Reactions: 1 person
I'm about to make a lot of people mad, but if we make the NCAA tournament, I never want to hear about Zo again. This roster doesn't have the necessary tools needed to win consistently. No true PG. No true post scorer. All our post our freshman. What CDT has done so far is nothing short of a miracle.

The biggest attribute about CDT so far is his ability to make our players believe in his system. We easily could have laid down after the Bama game, but we came out looking like a team on a mission. That's what great coaching brings.

If people will back CDT and this team, great things will come in a few years. He's a special coach.

Reactions: 12 people
I'm about to make a lot of people mad, but if we make the NCAA tournament, I never want to hear about Zo again. This roster doesn't have the necessary tools needed to win consistently. No true PG. No true post scorer. All our post our freshman. What CDT has done so far is nothing short of a miracle.

The biggest attribute about CDT so far is his ability to make our players believe in his system. We easily could have laid down after the Bama game, but we came out looking like a team on a mission. That's what great coaching brings.

If people will back CDT and this team, great things will come in a few years. He's a special coach.
Couldn't have said if better myself. It is absolutely incredible to watch

VN Store

Back