Harshest might be 5 game suspension!

SeniorDrill

Latest article says, "But long-term, it's also almost certainly about an NCAA report into Tyndall's past at Southern Miss that could arrive later this week. The feeling from most insiders is that Tyndall's harshest punishment might be a five-game suspension, which might wreck this season but would allow his difficult rebuilding job to move forward with little damage."
Wiedmer: Vols' weaknesses may be catching up to them | Local News | Times Free Press
"Athletic director Dave Hart told the Times Free Press in his office on Thursday morning that Tennessee is not expecting a notice of allegations for Tyndall as it awaits word from the NCAA."
Tennessee, Tyndall waiting on NCAA | Local News | Times Free Press

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Take note that this isn't official. And you're going off the word "feeling" and "might". Just let it happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Latest article says, "But long-term, it's also almost certainly about an NCAA report into Tyndall's past at Southern Miss that could arrive later this week. The feeling from most insiders is that Tyndall's harshest punishment might be a five-game suspension, which might wreck this season but would allow his difficult rebuilding job to move forward with little damage."
Wiedmer: Vols' weaknesses may be catching up to them | Local News | Times Free Press

It might wreck the season. I already thought this season in basketball was a wreck. So what's 5 games for the coach. Get it over with and move on. There is always next year.

It ain't over 'till it's over. I believe that's sometime in what....March? We don't need any fair weather VOLS. So, stand up and sail with us through the storm or get your Azz off the ship!

Reactions: 16 people
We will endure a 5 game suspension in order to have Coach T as our coach for many years to come. It is obvious the man can coach and definitely sells the program. The students are who we have to have sold out and from my twitter feed this week, the students absolutely love him (pizza does that when you are poor :) )

The graphics department at ESPN are happy that they will have an easy job. Only replace Pearl with Tyndall. If that happens, I definitely will not be looking forward to seeing another timeline again.

We will endure a 5 game suspension in order to have Coach T as our coach for many years to come. It is obvious the man can coach and definitely sells the program. The students are who we have to have sold out and from my twitter feed this week, the students absolutely love him (pizza does that when you are poor :) )

Agreed. Get through this season, get past the NCAA issues, and keep the man in Knoxville. He'll do great things here.

I fully expect this team to rebound against Arkansas...Saturday was a horrible fluke...a freak of nature.

I know I will be labeled a NegaVol, but unfortunately Saturday was closer to reality than some of our other games. With no inside game, conference teams have figured us out. They will guard the three and focus on shutting down JR. JR is good, but he will not get 30pts a night.

I hope we win every game and I hope I am wrong. But IMO this is going to be a tough season. If we play like we did Saturday and Arkansas is on, they will run us out of the gym. They are averaging 85 pts a game. I will be catching grief if they run us out.

We had Jarnell the last three seasons.
I said don't debate it here lol. I mean record wise, we're sitting better now than we have with Martin. Except Martin started his 2nd year with a 0-4 SEC record, but had a solid OOC. Anyway, I'm just saying we're sitting pretty solid at 9-5.

I said don't debate it here lol. I mean record wise, we're sitting better now than we have with Martin. Except Martin started his 2nd year with a 0-4 SEC record, but had a solid OOC. Anyway, I'm just saying we're sitting pretty solid at 9-5.

Oh, I know. We have exceeded my expectations so far. I just think it is about to get rough. Everybody now knows we have no inside game.

Wait...you promised us this was all made up and over with, now we are hearing about a suspension?

Oh, I know. We have exceeded my expectations so far. I just think it is about to get rough. Everybody now knows we have no inside game.
Even with McGhee/Woodson we never really had an insider presence to rely on, offensively or defensively. McGhee fouled out 3/8 games he played and Woodson couldn't stay conditioned well enough to stay on the court.

Even with McGhee/Woodson we never really had an insider presence to rely on, offensively or defensively. McGhee fouled out 3/8 games he played and Woodson couldn't stay conditioned well enough to stay on the court.

Teams early on at least had to prepare for a possible inside game. Now they know it does not exist and can just focus on stopping JR and the three.

Wait...you promised us this was all made up and over with, now we are hearing about a suspension?
The Great Kreskin hasn't changed his opinion. Just raining on your parade that he's out the door. The insiders tend to disagree as does Dave Hart. Methinks they are just trying to cover their butts for jumping on the story broken by an aspiring journalist for BR where the source was the best friend of the NCAA investigator. Now, it's gone from being fired to a possible 5 game suspension much to your chagrin. Also thought it nice to give some real data to folks who had no clue about the situation and were expecting the worst. Most of VolNation is happy except those trying to diss Coach T who is beginning a new legacy just like Butch Jones. You have already heard it from me, and as Dave Hart said in this article: "Athletic director Dave Hart told the Times Free Press in his office on Thursday morning that Tennessee is not expecting a notice of allegations for Tyndall as it awaits word from the NCAA." Didn't you say that was inevitable? Methinks so! Tennessee, Tyndall waiting on NCAA | Local News | Times Free Press

VN Store

Back