A dream come true

No matter how many times we see this kind of thing happen, It's different for each kid and I'm just as happy for them everytime.

Reactions: 1 person
I have never read a post on this site claiming walk-ons should not be able to earn a scholarship.
You must not have been around for my suggestion that BL might be our starting point guard and earn a scholarship. Those in the know know where that went. The possibility that he might get a scholarship was blasphemy to many. There are plenty of quotes. Stats don't lie and neither do quotes!

Can't we just have a thread to congratulate Galen ?
Armani Moore on redshirt junior and former walk-on Galen Campbell receiving a scholarship last night: "Galen is a good friend of mine. He's been a teammate of mine for three years. I know it's a blessing for him and his family. I know paying for college is not the easiest thing, but I definitely think he's a guy who deserves it and hopefully he can enjoy being a scholarship athlete." :hi:

Reactions: 5 people
You must not have been around for my suggestion that BL might be our starting point guard and earn a scholarship. Those in the know know where that went. The possibility that he might get a scholarship was blasphemy to many. There are plenty of quotes. Stats don't lie and neither do quotes!

Mark Twain respectfully disagrees about stats

Mark Twain respectfully disagrees about stats

Well, Mark may be right in Galen's case. The young man has played in 14 games in 3 years averaging 1.4 minutes a game. he has averaged 0.5 points. But as Coach T says, he is there every practice giving his all for Tennessee. He is the 10th man now and they really couldn't practice without him. Going from the practice squad to traveling with the team is a big deal. I am as happy for him as when Jacob Gilliam was awarded his walk on scholarship in football. Someone suggested establishing an award in his name!

No matter how many times we see this kind of thing happen, It's different for each kid and I'm just as happy for them everytime.

It reminds me like when a lot of us played ball, maybe we were a little to short didn't weigh enough, but we had the heart of a 5 star, but every now and then one gets lucky and it makes you feel proud, because in your heart that could have been you.:rock:

Reactions: 2 people
Go Galen!!! Jabari speaks highly of Galen! He says he and BLO are the ones who keep everyone motivated and positive! From what I hear, he deserves it! I'm very proud of the young man!
OAN: Maybe if Tyndall would have put him in the Bama game, Galen probably would have played like a pro for TENN.!

VN Store

Back