Here's our post player!!!

Just read that Jauan Jennings, one of Butch's QB recruits, won the MVP as a point guard in the Tennessee State Tournament. Can you believe it? Butch has recruited a post player and a point guard that we desperately need on our basketball team. Oh, well, luck of the Irish! :)
Interesting that Jennings followed Darius Thompson at the PG position at Murfreesboro Blackman and led them to the AAA state championship winning MVP!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
What I see is a terrific prospect getting acclimated to college life and having a good time in the gym (hopefully stretching out after a session with the S&C staff). :) Can't wait to see what he does in the orange/white game.

What I see is a terrific prospect getting acclimated to college life and having a good time in the gym (hopefully stretching out after a session with the S&C staff). :) Can't wait to see what he does in the orange/white game.

No such luck, because he's not an EE. He's still at his high school in California.

Not that it makes much difference, though. He's still a beast! And I bet on the BB team he could be good for 5 hard fouls a game. :aggressive:

Reactions: 1 person
Do any of you guys remember when Ron Widby was a All American in both basketball and football?
Wikipedia:
George Ronald "Ron" Widby (born March 9, 1945) is a retired American basketball and football player. Widby was the last four-sport letterman at the University of Tennessee to date, becoming an All-America in football and basketball and also earning one letter in both baseball and golf. In his two best sports he received All-America honors, as the nation's leading punter in college football and as a basketball wing.

Last edited:
Just read that Jauan Jennings, one of Butch's QB recruits, won the MVP as a point guard in the Tennessee State Tournament. Can you believe it? Butch has recruited a post player and a point guard that we desperately need on our basketball team. Oh, well, luck of the Irish! :)
Interesting that Jennings followed Darius Thompson at the PG position at Murfreesboro Blackman and led them to the AAA state championship winning MVP!
Here's the real possibility, a 6'3", 180# "Ron Widby" PG.

Charles Barkley says it would never work
Funny! Barkley only had 3" on McKenzie but McKenzie had 100 pounds on Barkley. That's an astronomical PPI (LOL) that could control a lot of real estate in the paint for Tennessee. There would not be a big man in the SEC that could get around that BLOCKOUT! If he tried, he'd be on his arse! :)

Most serious basketball players don't play football in hs and if they play both they almost invariably choose football in college.

If they wanted to, most coaches probably don't want to take the injury risk. However, since we have 5 qb's now, wouldn't it be nice if Jennings wanted to red shirt a year and play point guard for us.

I would think it was funny if we weren't getting our ass handed to us by Alabama in TBA.

No such luck, because he's not an EE. He's still at his high school in California.

Not that it makes much difference, though. He's still a beast! And I bet on the BB team he could be good for 5 hard fouls a game. :aggressive:

Foiled by the "Running through the T" shirt. Thanks for clarifying.

VN Store

Back