Galen Campbell put on scholarship

bleedingTNorange

Tyndall put Galen Campbell on scholarship for the spring semester tonight, made a really nice production of it in front of the team.

Campbell had no clue it was coming and was under the impression that Tyndall wanted him to talk to the team about what everyone could do as individuals to make the team better. Tyndall then interrupted him to give him the news. They called Campbell's mom on speaker phone who reportedly lost her mind. She was so overcome with emotion that at least one player got so worked up himself that he had to leave the room in tears.

A Knoxville native, Campbell's a fourth-year junior who is an integral part of the team. Gives it everything he's got in practice and with only nine guys on scholarship that role got a lot more significant this week.

I understand that at least some of the scene was caught on video and could show up on the jumbotron at the game tomorrow and probably later online.

Anyway, good story for a good kid.

-VQ

Reactions: 26 people
Remember when his family called in the radio *****ing about Cuonzo? Lol

Reactions: 3 people
Wonderful story. Congrats Galen. CDT...You're a good man with a kind heart. I don't care what other folks think about you!

That's awesome to hear! I've heard he's a great guy outside of basketball and it's great a hometown guy gets a scholarship to play here.

When I first read the threw title, I thought it said "Glenn Campbell put on scholarship", and I thought this won't end well.

Reactions: 1 person
Galen got close to going to work in the Miss. St. game he was one foul way from getting in the game.

I think that this puts an end to any speculation that BL will return for a 5th year. No way we would have two walk-ons on scholarship. Hate to say that but it looks like Brandon's basketball career is over unless he chooses to coach.

I think that this puts an end to any speculation that BL will return for a 5th year. No way we would have two walk-ons on scholarship. Hate to say that but it looks like Brandon's basketball career is over unless he chooses to coach.

Campbell won't be staying on scholarship

Reactions: 2 people
Campbell won't be staying on scholarship
Seriously, you think Coach T would give it to him and then take it back? From what he has said about Galen, I don't think so. I remember bringing up the fact that walk on Jacob Gilliam had got a scholarship and that it could not happen in basketball because football had 85 and basketball only had 13. Matter of fact many said it was impossible. Guess Coach T proved them wrong just like he will prove them wrong when he said everything will be fine with the NCAA investigation.

Seriously, you think Coach T would give it to him and then take it back? From what he has said about Galen, I don't think so. I remember bringing up the fact that walk on Jacob Gilliam had got a scholarship and that it could not happen in basketball because football had 85 and basketball only had 13. Matter of fact many said it was impossible. Guess Coach T proved them wrong just like he will prove them wrong when he said everything will be fine with the NCAA investigation.

It's literally the first sentence. He was put on scholarship for the spring semester.

VN Store

Back