Coach T media session - 1-5-15

SeniorDrill

Coach T media session - 1-5-15 - 20 minutes
Quotes:
"We got 9 tough, hard nosed kids, plus G, Galen Campbell is a guy that gives everything he has every day in practice, so we have 10 guys that are ready to play and compete."
"We've had some tough luck at that point guard position 'cause Brandon, a guy that would have played 15, 18, 20 minutes a night, he blows his knee out."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LU6gjX_hXs

I finally listened to all of this. Two things stuck out:

1. The question was asked if them being picked 13th in the conference is being used as motivation. The jist of CDK's answer was we don't care about any opinions outside of our locker room. I love not needing negativity to motivate your team again.

2. My bball IQ jumps 3 points with every CDK presser I hear.

Reactions: 7 people

1. The question was asked if them being picked 13th in the conference is being used as motivation. The jist of CDK's answer was we don't care about any opinions outside of our locker room. I love not needing negativity to motivate your team again.

Agree.

Reactions: 2 people

He is impressive

Reactions: 1 person

The negativity to motivate is right on the spot. That's all we had last year to pull out of an underachieving slump. Glad we can move forward and not blame the fans for being mad about poor play and poor coaching.

This! No animosity toward the last guy, but + vision has to be the m.o. IMO. Really liking this hire.

"We've played the 13th toughest schedule in the country and to be 8-4 with a couple of real quality wins and protecting our home court has been pretty impressive by this young team."

"We've played the 13th toughest schedule in the country and to be 8-4 with a couple of real quality wins and protecting our home court has been pretty impressive by this young team."

Wonder what he's using(being a stats guy) to claim 13th toughest schedule?
46 points above our projected RPI at this point is impressive though.

Wonder what he's using(being a stats guy) to claim 13th toughest schedule?
46 points above our projected RPI at this point is impressive though.
Have no idea where he pulled that stat from. However, he believes in statistics and charts everything that happens in practice and games too as far as I know. Probably has a staff member that has that for a sole job. So that's where the if we force opponents to shoot >40% from 3 point range, we win 82% of the time comes from. One interesting side note on that is that even if teams make some early on they start missing as they tire later in the game due to the pressure. Might be one of the reasons we finish strong. Coach T stresses to this team that they own the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. Seems to work to this point!

Have no idea where he pulled that stat from. However, he believes in statistics and charts everything that happens in practice and games too as far as I know. Probably has a staff member that has that for a sole job. So that's where the if we force opponents to shoot >40% from 3 point range, we win 82% of the time comes from. One interesting side note on that is that even if teams make some early on they start missing as they tire later in the game due to the pressure. Might be one of the reasons we finish strong. Coach T stresses to this team that they own the last 6 or 7 minutes of the game. Seems to work to this point!
I know he's a stats guy is why I'm wondering. You know he's not pulling it out of the air.
With currently holding a win over a top rpi 1-25 team, he doesn't need to do much explaining to me.

I know he's a stats guy is why I'm wondering. You know he's not pulling it out of the air.
With currently holding a win over a top rpi 1-25 team, he doesn't need to do much explaining to me.

If Im not mistaking....I think it was considered the 13th toughest a few games ago and started going down when we played the Tennessee Techs of the world.

Interesting take on the state of SEC Basketball:
"I have had the chance to see probably everyone in our league play at least a couple times. I think, without question, from what I have heard, this is the best the league has been in a few years. Top to bottom, you look at the teams around the league that have maybe been in the bottom tier of the league having great seasons. South Carolina is having a great year, Mississippi State just beat a really good Florida State team. So I think, with the exception of Kentucky, you probably have 17 other games that you could lose all 17 or you could win all 17. It is going to be that balanced and that small of a margin.

VN Store

Back