Next up - @Mississippi State

SeniorDrill

2013-14 record (14-19, 3-15 SEC), Beat Vandy 82-68 first round of SEC tourney
2014-15 record (7-6), Beat Florida State at home which had just beaten Florida 3 days earlier!
W 71 - 63 UTAHST
W 75 - 50 at STLOU
L 61 - 52 TCU
L 59 - 54 at TULANE
L 59 - 49 at OREGST
L 69 - 55 ARKST
L 53 - 51 USCUP
W 70 - 47 JVILLE
L 66 - 47 MCNSE
W 62 - 55 FSU

They shot 14% from 3 against Florida State and won.

Donnie's D won't let them get to the rim like FL st did.
MSt had 40 points in the paint in that game. won't get near that against us.
Since we started collapsing the zone:
Points in the paint:
Butler 12
KS 14
TT 26
Tn St 10
Mercer 8

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The hope is that we can force them into about 30 threes in this game even if they hit ten which would be way above their average would only be thirty points. 16 paint points and 10 free throws total of 56. We need 60 to win this game.

The hope is that we can force them into about 30 threes in this game even if they hit ten which would be way above their average would only be thirty points. 16 paint points and 10 free throws total of 56. We need 60 to win this game.

Another area where we've improved since collapsing the zone is in our fouling.
We were second in the country with about 25 a game.
Throw out the first 5 games since the change and we're averaging about 17.7.
We've only had 2 games in the 20s since then.
One area where MissSt is better at 15.5 a game.

Another area where we've improved since collapsing the zone is in our fouling.
We were second in the country with about 25 a game.
Throw out the first 5 games since the change and we're averaging about 17.7.
We've only had 2 games in the 20s since then.
One area where MissSt is better at 15.5 a game.
All I can say is this guy can coach on the move. He knows his stuff. With the team he has, I think they are as prepared as they can be going into the SEC schedule. NCAA might be a stretch based on the last 3 years but I think NIT is inevitable based on having 8 wins at this juncture. We'll pull some upsets in the course of the season and it will be difficult for any team to come in TBA and win if it is filled to the rafters!! Once the fanbase realilzes that home court advantage really is a big adavantage to us, they'll fill the place to watch an exciting team!

They got any hosses inside? Defending teams that are big inside will be this TN team's biggest challenge.
Gavin Ware is 6'9", 260 pounds, avgs. 10.5 per game, 22 min. (won't withstand pace)
Travis Daniels is 6'8", 219 pounds, avgs. 7.5 per game, 24 minutes
Only two big guys on the team.

All I can say is this guy can coach on the move. He knows his stuff. With the team he has, I think they are as prepared as they can be going into the SEC schedule. NCAA might be a stretch based on the last 3 years but I think NIT is inevitable based on having 8 wins at this juncture. We'll pull some upsets in the course of the season and it will be difficult for any team to come in TBA and win if it is filled to the rafters!! Once the fanbase realilzes that home court advantage really is a big adavantage to us, they'll fill the place to watch an exciting team!
Well shoot SD. Have to agree with these kinds of post.
Really think first time around on some of these teams we play twice, donnie's D will give them fits.

Well shoot SD. Have to agree with these kinds of post.
Really think first time around on some of these teams we play twice, donnie's D will give them fits.
I think the second time around being a lot easier may be a misconception. The defense itself doesn't offer many opportunities to prepare for it (1) because none of the other teams use it and (2) because it will not be the same in the second game they play as in the first because it morphs every game. The full court press is still gonna take 10-15 seconds off the shot clock and the opposing guards are still gonna have trouble figuring out what defense we are in. That's the beauty of the Tyndall defensive concoction.

This should be an easy win. They shouldn't be able to score much against the defense.

This is a blue collar bunch that's not going to do things the "easy" way. They'll pack a lunch and go to work night after night. Don't care about margin of victory. This year...as it should be every year....getting the W is all that matters. Simply put they don't have the talent to take any opponent lightly. MSU is winnable. I'll take a 1pt win and smile.

I do not think this will be an easy win, as no win we get this year will be, and it is always tough to win on the road anywhere in college basketball. But this is the worst team in the sec this year, so getting off to a 1-0 start in league play would be nice, with Bama coming in Saturday could be a big game for us to get. Go Vols!!! Ready for Wednesday night!

I think the second time around being a lot easier may be a misconception. The defense itself doesn't offer many opportunities to prepare for it (1) because none of the other teams use it and (2) because it will not be the same in the second game they play as in the first because it morphs every game. The full court press is still gonna take 10-15 seconds off the shot clock and the opposing guards are still gonna have trouble figuring out what defense we are in. That's the beauty of the Tyndall defensive concoction.

Fox at GA is using a match up zone this season, but it is no where near as active and not much morph to it.
You may be right about the second time around because of the unique nature.

and the rpi is still 216....
Don't really understand why a Kentucky fan tries to disrupt this board! You act as if Mississippi State can't beat Tennessee at home. Well, the Vols have knocked your Wildcats into the loss column 4 of the last 7 times they have visited Knoxville including a 30 point blow out two years ago. That is why Kentucky refused to play them here last year! :)

Don't really understand why a Kentucky fan tries to disrupt this board! You act as if Mississippi State can't beat Tennessee at home. Well, the Vols have knocked your Wildcats into the loss column 4 of the last 7 times they have visited Knoxville including a 30 point blow out two years ago. That is why Kentucky refused to play them here last year! :)

Really?

VN Store

Back