The 4th Quarter Vols

omghulkhands

Yeah, I know. So technically there aren't quarters in college basketball, but this Basketvols team thrives in the closing moments of the game. We have started to consistently bleed teams dry in the final 10 minutes of games.

We start slow, let inferior competition hang around and run out to early leads, but we find a way to win, much like FSU has this year in football.

It looks like we are a well conditioned team. We have also exceeded my expectations for the non-conference slate. 8-4 feels good with how difficult that schedule was. This team...with no true PG (although Josh has played as well as you could ask of a small forward to play PG for the first time in his life...wow) ...running a totally new system on offense and defense...and not having a true 5 on the team either...I am impressed. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Going to be a very interesting year. New head coach, all the new additions, inexperience, losing 2 post players, etc....got to give the team an A during the OOC schedule. Only L that I would question is the effort the team played against Marquette.

A lot of the advantage in the "4th quarter" comes from our defense. IMO Even if teams aren't a little more spent than us, the pressure seems to frustrate teams into forcing passes and making mistakes they don't make for the first 3/4 of the game. Teams also seem to get a little more lackadaisical with the ball so our active hands really start to pay off.

VN Store

Back