If you had to pick one starting lineup...

iKrager

What would it be? Also included the 6th man.

Here's the roster::
- Josh Richardson PG/SG/SF
- Kevin Punter PG/SG
- Robert Hubbs SG
- Armani Moore SG/SF/PF
- Derek Reese SG/PF
- Devon Baulkman SG
- Detrick Mostella SG
- Ian Chiles (injured) PG/SG
- Tariq Owens PF/C
- Jabari McGhee (injured) PF
- Willie Carmichael PF

Template:
One:
Two:
Three:
Four:
Five:

Sixth man:

I honestly like Cuonzo's four on the court the best. They seem to pass really well and they understand each other's skillset. So here's mine.

One: Josh Richardson
Two: Kevin Punter
Three: Robert Hubbs
Four: Armani Moore
Five: Derek Reese

Sixth man: Willie Carmichael

What does everyone else think?

- Kevin Punter PG/SG
- Robert Hubbs SG
- Armani Moore SG/SF/PF
- Derek Reese SG/PF
- Devon Baulkman SG
- Detrick Mostella SG
- Tariq Owens PF/C
- Willie Carmichael PF

I honestly like Cuonzo's four on the court the best. They seem to pass really well and they understand each other's skillset. So here's mine.

I have the same 1st 4 as you but I think Charmicheal has to be your starter at the 5. Reese brings a nice energy off the bench as the 6th man and he can play both the 4 and the 5. Right now I think these 6 guys are consistently playing the best basketball with flashes from Baulkman and Mostella.

Anybody know why Owens didn't play against ETSU?

I have the same 1st 4 as you but I think Charmicheal has to be your starter at the 5. Reese brings a nice energy off the bench as the 6th man and he can play both the 4 and the 5. Right now I think these 6 guys are consistently playing the best basketball with flashes from Baulkman and Mostella.

Oo good point. Reese does bring a lot of energy off the bench, if Carmichael could stay out of foul trouble he would be my starting center. Baulkman/Hubbs can be interchangeable any given night. I would say Tariq didn't play because Reese was dominating ETSU's inside (lol right?).

I don't think you can consistently win with an all guard lineup.
Well thats why I said pick your own starting five. :p We all differentiating opinions. So far we've won a lot of games with the guard line up. The only true forwards we have are Tariq Owens whose too skinny and Willie Carmichael who foul a lot. Wish Jabari was healthy.

1: jrich
2:punter
3:hubbs
4:Carmichael
5:Reese

6:Moore

As far as owens not playing I have my theory,since most shots are taking out side from etsu Owens main strength (shot blocking) is took away an Reese can guard the perimeter better than Owens so just my opinion lol

Reactions: 1 person
As far as owens not playing I have my theory,since most shots are taking out side from etsu Owens main strength (shot blocking) is took away an Reese can guard the perimeter better than Owens so just my opinion lol
...Thats actually probably true.. Wow good point Dallas lol

Moore on the bench?

Owens didn't play because of ETSU's personnel IMO. Small lineup for ETSU led to more Reese because of his ability to defend the smaller, quicker players out on the perimeter more effectively than Owens.

- Kevin Punter PG/SG
- Robert Hubbs SG
- Armani Moore SG/SF/PF
- Derek Reese SG/PF
- Devon Baulkman SG
- Detrick Mostella SG
- Tariq Owens PF/C
- Willie Carmichael PF

Richardson
Punter
Hubbs
Moore
Carmichael

Reese

Owens didn't play because of ETSU's personnel IMO. Small lineup for ETSU led to more Reese because of his ability to defend the smaller, quicker players out on the perimeter more effectively than Owens.

I could see him not playing big minutes but he didn't even take off his warm-ups. I just thought it was odd he didn't play at all.

I could see him not playing big minutes but he didn't even take off his warm-ups. I just thought it was odd he didn't play at all.

Kind of my point though. Perhaps it was the gameplan all along for him not to play.

Moore cannot be your 6 man. He starts,period.

Kind of my point though. Perhaps it was the gameplan all along for him not to play.

they really tried forcing it into the post most of the game. What better opportunity for Owens to see what he can do than against a team he has a decided size advantage on (and that will be the last team they play this season where that will be true).

It has been my experience that when a guy who was getting minutes then stops getting minutes (especially at a position with no depth) then something else is probably going on. I didn't know if maybe he was hurt, or sick or even just in the doghouse for one game. Maybe I'm wrong. I was just asking to see if anything had been mentioned. Hopefully it was just a matchup thing and he starts getting minutes again in SEC play.

Moore cannot be your 6 man. He starts,period.

I'm kinda on the edge of it, I mean while Armani is a beast I feel Carmichael can be better which is why I start him but Also you look at Armani who had a near triple double and it's just hard to pick,to be honest I wrote the names on a piece of paper and drew out of a cup between Armani and Willie lol

I'm kinda on the edge of it, I mean while Armani is a beast I feel Carmichael can be better which is why I start him but Also you look at Armani who had a near triple double and it's just hard to pick,to be honest I wrote the names on a piece of paper and drew out of a cup between Armani and Willie lol

Start both and sit Reese.

they really tried forcing it into the post most of the game. What better opportunity for Owens to see what he can do than against a team he has a decided size advantage on (and that will be the last team they play this season where that will be true).

It has been my experience that when a guy who was getting minutes then stops getting minutes (especially at a position with no depth) then something else is probably going on. I didn't know if maybe he was hurt, or sick or even just in the doghouse for one game. Maybe I'm wrong. I was just asking to see if anything had been mentioned. Hopefully it was just a matchup thing and he starts getting minutes again in SEC play.

And you may be right. It may be something else entirely. That theory is strictly my opinion. I just felt based on ETSU's self-admitted perimeter-oriented offense, that the gameplan called for a smaller lineup.

I can't do that lol Reese showed a lot yesterday but like Tyndall if he doesn't show it next game ill come back and edit him out :)

He did yesterday, but that was career game against a team with No inside presence. Reese is better coming off the bench.

VN Store

Back